Water and Wings

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Reaching your room, Lucian set you down. With your feet back on the ground, you announced that you were going to get a shower and that he could leave. You weren't surprised when he said he would wait for you to finish and walked over to your bed, lying down upon it. Sighing, you rolled your eyes and went over to your closet. 'At least he wouldn't bother you in the shower' you thought to yourself, as you pulled out a navy blue set of pajamas. Both the shirt and the pants had black lace around the trim and the black buttons on the shirt were in the shapes of stars. Grabbing some undergarments as well, you headed into the bathroom, locking the door behind you.

Setting your clothes on the counter, you glanced in the mirror briefly only to see two rather large bruises on your neck. A blush swept across your face, as you reached both of your hands up to cover the marks. You just hoped that they would go away soon. Mumbling silent curses at Lucian, you undressed and went into the shower, letting the cool water fall upon your skin.

After finishing your shower, you turned off the water and walked out, grabbing a crimson towel and wrapping it around you. When you had your pajamas on, you exited the bathroom, after placing your dirty clothes and towel in the hamper. Back in the room, you saw that Lucian was leaning against the window seal, looking out at the now dark sky. He seemed to be in deep thought and so you chose to just silently walk over to the mirror. Using it, so as to pull your hair back, you smiled lightly when you found a new blue clip in your hair.

Satisfied, you walked away from the mirror and jumped a little at seeing Lucian now staring at you. Personally, you thought he would still be looking out the window, but obviously that was not the case. He signaled you to come over to him, but you only crossed your arms across your chest, remaining in your current place.

Shaking his head a little, he stated, "My pet, I just want to show you something. I think you'll like it."

"The last time you wanted to show me something, you left these marks on my neck. I don't want you to show me something."

"Oh, I'm sure they suit you quite well. You know I can always leave more if you don't come over here," he replied, smirking.

Muttering inaudible curses at him, you reluctantly went over to him, eyeing him suspiciously. With no warning, he brought his hands up to your neck and traced his thumbs over the bruises. He seemed rather pleased at seeing the bruises. This action sent chills up your spine and you took a step back from him in response. Lucian withdrew his hands from your neck and pulled you over to him before pressing your back to his chest, as he wrapped his arms around your waist, securing you in place. A light dash of pink crossed your cheeks, as he rested his chin on top of your head.

"Now, my pet, I want you to look out through the window and tell me what you see."

Since you really couldn't move at the moment, you just complied and looked out the window. As usual clouds covered the sky while a light rain fell from the grey clouds. The moon shone partially through the cloud cover, casting an eerie yet beautiful light on the courtyard of the mansion. Furthermore, it painted the forest in an enchanting light as well, though you saw nothing out of the ordinary.