Snow of Misinterpretation

Dinner consisted of beef stew and a glass of ice cold water. The meal was simple, but enjoyable. However, the entire time you were eating, you felt extremely uncomfortable. Lucian wore his usual unreadable expression, but something was different. You could tell that he was in a bad mood and you knew that you were the cause of it. Not once did he try to toy with you. In fact he never even glanced your way; he just stared at his food with an emotionless face, occasionally eating a bite of it. Did your trust mean that much to him? Even if it did, you couldn't just rely on him blindly if he was hiding information from you.

A part of you wanted to trust him due to the demonstration of concern he showed for you every now and then, but again a voice in the back of your head just kept telling you that he was playing you. He was making you feel somewhat guilty in not trusting him. The guilt annoyed because you had every right to not rely on him fully, yet right now his behavior bothered you. Was he purposely acting this way, so that you would feel bad for your previous statement, or was he genuinely hurt? Not being able to tell drove you mad. Why was he so hard to understand? Your thoughts were interrupted when you saw him getting out of his and chair, heading for the doors.

"I'll be retiring for the evening. I'll see you in the morning," he stated, with his back facing you.

Not being able to contain your frustration you exclaimed and questioned, "Why can't you understand this situation from my perspective?" 

Still not looking at you, he replied, "I could ask you the same question."

His answer only irritated you further, but you had no time to reply, as he left the dining room, closing the door behind him. Hearing the sound of his footsteps fading, you set your fork down angrily. Wanting to shout, you got out of your chair. Looking for something to vent your anger out on, you seized your chair and went over to the window. You had enough of Lucian's confusing personality. Raising the chair, you went to smash the window, but realization struck you. Where would you go? The bracelet prevented you from exiting the mansion, but if you could escape, where would you run to? You had no place left. The fact of the matter was that you had only this mansion left. There were the Luciels, but they were definitely not an option.

Dropping the chair, you crashed to your knees. Leaning your head against the window, you looked out at the stormy night. Maybe you just needed to rest a little; maybe you would wake up and see your friends' smiling faces. Though, you realized such a thing would never happen. Laughing lightly at your foolishness, you closed your eyes, feeling tears falling down your face. The tears continued in your sleep, as you remained in the dining hall, lacking the energy to sleep in your room.

Morning arrived, but the sky was still grey. Its pale light shined on your still sleeping form, which was resting against one of the paned windows. Lucian on the other hand awoke in his bed. He combed his fingers through his hair before glancing around his room. Summoning Nafera, he informed her to retrieve you from your room, since it would be best to search the sanatorium during the day. Nafera nodded and went to fulfill her task. However, after several minutes passed, she returned to Lucian, stating that you weren't in your room. At the time of her return, Lucian was putting on his black coat with purple embroidery, which covered his simple white peasant shirt. This news surprised him and he merely walked past Nafera, exiting his room. Utilizing magic, he tapped into your bracelet and discovered that you were still in the dining room. Had you decided to get up early and eat without him again?