One and One before the Crowd

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

  The three of you stood before the two bronze doors while voices sounded on the other side. Rezin reluctantly opened the door before walking onto the other side with you two following. You found yourself in a square stone room outlined with red cushioned chairs while a golden chandelier hung from the stone ceiling, illuminating the space. Moreover, two silver doors separated the room from the balcony. Lucian closed the door behind you, leaving you to turn your attention to the various council members that stood before you. Out of what you counted to be seventeen people, you could only recognize three with those being the Luciels and Regulus. None of their children seemed to be there and you guessed that Lucian was the youngest council member out of the group. To say you were nervous would be an understatement, but you managed to stand tall and at least appear confident.

"Ah, Lucian what is the meaning of this meeting and why does it seem like you invited half the magic community to it? There are crowds of people beyond those silver doors and below the balcony. Furthermore, why are your cousin and the hybrid here?" Regulus questioned, his gaze denoting only a serious and somewhat infuriated expression.

Other members of the council seemed to voice these questions in their whispers among themselves, as others glared at Rezin, though the most troubling were the gazes that were sent your way. You could tell that they looked at you with a mixture of disgust and intrigue, debating what purpose you could serve them with your unique status. This feeling of being looked at like a lab experiment frustrated and disturbed you, as outcomes of failure began to pester your mind. If Lucian and you failed in gaining the acceptance of the magic community then what would the council do? Would you immediately die, or would they just kill Lucian and save you for various experiments? Your hands began to fumble with the fabric of your dress. Lucian noticed and rested his right hand on your left shoulder, as a way to calm your nerves. Glancing up at him, you saw an image of calm and confidence.

"I have them here for my reasons, which you will find out soon enough. Don't be so impatient Regulus, you'll understand everything soon enough. Besides I don't think we should keep our fellow mages waiting for so long. They expect quite a speech and I hate to keep them waiting," Lucian stated before linking his right arm with your left one and moving towards the silver doors.

Rezin followed after you two, his eyes burning with rage at his cousin, but you could notice the faintest bit of amusement as well. He clearly enjoyed seeing Regulus in a state of growing anger.

"Lucian, know your place. I have higher authority than you in this council and I expect you to answer my questions before you even think of opening that door."

Looking over his right shoulder, Lucian replied, "Is that so? I beg to differ, Regulus."

Before the head council member could even question his statement, Lucian turned the silver door knob that was adorned with golden details. As the door seemed to swing open, light flooded the small room and voices colliding into one another reached your ears like a bolt of lightning. Now standing on a beige stone balcony, you saw the hundreds of mages below you. Eyes of every color stared up at Lucian and you with expectancy while the other council members now highlighted with natural light slowly made their appearance on the balcony. Rezin stood to the left of Lucian and you, leaning against the doorframe, but not daring to make an escape. Regulus clinched his fists and went up to the front of the balcony.