Chapter 1: Intro

Mya yawned as she woke up. She checked her phone on the night stand. She sighed when she saw it was a minuet before her alarm was supposed to go off. She turned the alarm off and searched through her Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat before getting up. She got up and stretched in her tank top and shorts. She walked out of her room and went to the bathroom to wash up and brush her teeth. When she was finished with that she went to wake up her sister.

"Alexis, get up."

Alexis moaned and turned over in her sleep. She peeked and looked at her sister.

"Nah, not today Lexis." Mya said.

Alexis wiped her eyes and laid on her back.

"Ma set your stuff out last night so go wash up and everything." Mya said and Alexis nodded as she sat up.

"Who cooking breakfast? You or mommy?"

"I don't know, I'm 'bout to find out." Mya said leaving out her room.

Mya left the room and went to knock on her mothers door.

"Ma!" Mya yelled banging on the door. "Mama!"

She waited until the door opened and Beyoncé answered with a tooth brush still in her mouth. She removed it before talking."What?"

"You gonna cook us breakfast this morning or you want me to do it?" Mya asked.

"I'll do it." She said. "Finish getting dressed."

"Okay." Mya said nodding and went back to her room to get dressed.

Mya was a fourteen year old girl living in Houston, Texas with her mother and little sister. Her father was out of the picture and it had been like that since she was eight. He was in jail for brutal assault, he almost killed her mother. Mya doesn't know everything that happened between her parents but she knows that's what he's in jail for.

Mya went to get dressed in her uniform for school

Mya went to get dressed in her uniform for school. She laced up her Vans before standing in her mirror to fix her hair. While fixing her hair she eyed her arm and the hand print that was on it. The memories of the night prior came back to her mind before she shook them away.

Mya grabbed her phone, backpack, and jacket and went downstairs for breakfast. Her sister Alexis was already sitting down eating.

Alexis was ten years old. She was a free spirit who said everything that was on her mind. A bit naive to the things going on in her home but that's how Mya wanted her to be or so she thought.

 A bit naive to the things going on in her home but that's how Mya wanted her to be or so she thought