Chapter 24: You Not Grown...Yet

Beyoncé sat in her living room watching TV with Shawn, Alexis, and Chase. She had let Mya go out with her friends to the movies.

Beyoncé heard the door and got up to answer it. It was Rashad.

"We popping up on each other now?" Beyoncé asked.

"I gotta talk to you." He nodded his head towards outside.

Beyoncé shut the door and followed Rashad to her porch.

"Have a seat." He said.

"Why can't I stand?" She asked.

"You might wanna sit down for this." He said.

Beyoncé sighed and sat down slowly.

"Okay, so you know Mya wanted to work at the restaurant."

"Yeah."

"And all the employees gotta go do a drug test and all that just to be on file and all that shit." He said.

"Yeah, my mama took her to the place last week." Beyoncé said.

Rashad sighed and passed her a paper from his pants pocket. Beyoncé opened it and read over it.

"She tested positive for THC?" Beyoncé asked and he nodded. "I asked her ass a few months ago has she ever smoked. Why would she even take the test knowing she would fail?"

"THC stay in your body for a minuet. She might have thought it would have been okay now." Rashad said.

"She lied to me." Beyoncé said and looked at Rashad. "I asked her point blank and she lied."

"Look, don't be too hard on her Bey. She's still a kid." He said. "She's a good kid that may have messed up once."

"What if it was more than once Rashad?" She said. "And she had to have smoked recently if you showed up on here."

Rashad sighed.

"Just calmly talk to her." He said. "You get too harsh she gonna lie again."

"How she gonna lie? I got the proof." Beyoncé said. "I wanna know who she got it from and who she was with. Make no damn sense."

"I know."

"She can't work then right?" She asked.

"She can test again in six weeks." He said. "That's the best I can do."

Beyoncé nodded and stood up.

"I'll talk to her tonight."

"I'll have a conversation with her tomorrow. I gotta get back to the restaurant. I knew I couldn't tell you this over the phone."

Beyoncé nodded. "Alexis is home, you wanna see her before you leave?"

"Yeah." He said.

Beyoncé went back in the house and in the living room.

"Alexis, your daddy outside. He wants to see you for a minuet."

Alexis got up smiling and went outside. Beyoncé sat down with a huff.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"I just got a headache." She said and passed him the paper.

Shawn read it and felt a headache coming on too.

"This Mya's?" He asked.

"Yeah, we gonna have a nice lil conversation when she get home."

***