Chapter 22: Oh My(Goodness)

"Bey Bey!"

"Chase is that you?" Beyoncé asked answering her phone in the car.

"Yes, daddy fell and he won't wake up!"

"What? Chase, where are you?" She asked.

"Home." He said crying.

"Chase, baby call 911 and talk to whoever picks up. I'm on my way okay." Beyoncé said making a u-turn in the middle of the street.

"Okay."

Beyoncé hung up and sped all the way to Shawn's house. Once she got there she parked and ran to the door. She used her key and went in.

"Chase!" Beyoncé yelled.

She heard him crying in the living room. He was sitting next to Shawn's body on the phone.

"Bey Bey!" He cried.

Beyoncé got on the floor and checked Shawn's pulse as she got the phone from Chase and started talking to 911. The ambulance arrived ten minutes later and Shawn was still breathing.

Beyoncé picked up Chase and drove behind the ambulance to the hospital. Beyoncé had called Shawn's family while she sat in the waiting room.

Chase had fallen asleep and Beyoncé was just waiting on Shawn's mom. Beyoncé was so out of it she didn't even realize Shawn's mom had sat next to her.

"Beyoncé." Ms. Gloria repeated.

"Yes ma'am." Beyoncé said finally hearing her and looking at her.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. Chase called me crying saying Shawn fell. I don't know."

Soon more of Shawn's family showed up and so did Ms. Tina with the girls.

"Mommy." Alexis said. "What happened to Shawn?"

"I don't know yet. Mama, I told you y'all didn't have to come." Beyoncé said.

"And leave you here by yourself? No." Ms. Tina said.

"Family of Shawn Carter." They heard.

They all moved closer to the doctor.

"He's fine."

Everyone sighed in relief.

"He's requested to see his mom, girlfriend, and son." He said.

They followed the doctor to the room. Shawn was just laying there but Beyoncé knew something was off.

She walked closer to him with Chase still asleep in her arms. Beyoncé looked at the doctor.

"He requested for you two to be in here because he only wants you two to know." The doctor said.

"Know what?" Ms. Gloria asked.

"Shawn has a brain tumor."

"A what?" Ms. Gloria said.

Beyoncé looked at Shawn but he wouldn't look at her. She looked back at the doctor.

"He was scheduled to have surgery next month but-"

"Scheduled?" Beyoncé said. "So he knew?"

"Yes but it's getting bigger and we have to take it out now. He wanted y'all to know if anything were to happen-"

"Happen? What can happen?" Ms. Gloria asked.

"There are risk to all surgeries." He said. "Our plan is to go in, take it out, and to not risk any further damage and because of where the tumor is located he may need speech therapy but we won't know until after."