Chapter 3: The Last Straw

The Next Week

Beyoncé sat at her desk at work finishing up some reports. She was getting a little aggravated so she reached in her purse. She felt around a bit but didn't feel any pill bottles. She cursed under her breath knowing she left them at home. She looked at the time and noticed she didn't have that much longer to go so she pushed through.

Beyoncé listened to what her daughter said and slowed down on the drinking but that only lasted a couple days. It wasn't until she got a letter from Rashad, the girl's father, saying he was getting out in a year and the bottle won. She's dealing with a lot of demons and trying to fix everything on her own but not in the best way. Beyoncé knows drinking will not solve the problem but it will numb the situation for her temporarily and the pills just keep her focus through out the day.

***

"So what are you gonna do when she gets home?" Alexis asked watching Mya hide all the liquor in the house.

"I'm not gonna do anything." Mya said. "But you are gonna stay in your room. No matter how loud she gets stay in your room until I come and get you."

Alexis nodded.

"Are you sure about this?"

"I gave her a week. If she doesn't get it after this we gotta go."

"I don't wanna leave ma." Alexis said sadly.

"I don't either, I love her with everything in me but I want the woman we love. I want her back and if this is what we have to do to get her then I'm doing it." Mya said sitting on her bed.

Alexis nodded and went towards her room. Mya got up and went towards her moms room. She went in and went towards the bathroom. She took all the pill bottles she saw and went to hide them. She didn't exactly see anything good coming from this but it was her last straw.

Mya heard the front door open and close and knew her mom was home. She just stayed in her room watching TV. After about fifteen minutes she started to relax. Her mother must not have looked for anything to drink yet.

Mya's door bust open as soon as she relaxed. Beyoncé looked at her and then looked around the room.

"Where's my stuff?" Beyoncé asked.

"I do kn-"

"I know you took all my stuff. Where is it?" Beyoncé asked and then started looking all over the room.

She was knocking stuff over.

"Ma! Stop, what are you doing?" Mya asked standing.

"Where are my pill bottles? I know you took them. You took all the alcohol and my pills. Where are they?" Beyoncé asked still looking.

"Down the drain."

"What did you just say?" Beyoncé asked as she looked at her.

"I flushed them."

"You know how much fucking money that was?" Beyoncé said then grabbed her by the throat. "I know you didn't throw it away. Where did you hide it?"

"Ma, stop." Mya said as she was gasping for air and hitting her mother's arm to let go.

"Where is it?" Beyoncé said.

"Okay, okay." She said and Beyoncé removed her hand.

Mya took a big gasp of air as she fell to the floor. This was not the woman that gave birth to her. This was an addict getting what she needed no matter what.

"Get my shit."

"Mama, do you see how you acting?" Mya cried looking at her.

"Mya, I swear to God." Beyoncé said losing her patients.