xxii. changing [i]

[ 11 / 02 / 2017 ]
IMAGINES
xxii. CHANGING
i would still know you if you hadn't have
changed

 CHANGING❝ i would still know you if you hadn't havechanged ❞▬

catrin williams

a loud knock sounded throughout my house. my parents weren't home so it meant i would have to get up to answer it. sliding out of bed, i quickly grabbed a hoodie and threw my hair up into a messy bun. grabbing my glasses, i jogged down the stairs as the person behind the door continued knocking.

"alright, alright." i grumbled, unlocking the door and opening it.

stood on my doorstep was the guy i had grown up with for twelve years, my so called best friend. however, i hadn't seen him for three years. he stood there in all black, like i always see him in pictures.

this was the same guy that had ignored all of my texts and calls, hasn't visited or been to see me once since he left three years ago. i know he's been home though, i'm still close with his family.

but the guy stood right in front of me wasn't the guy i had spent twelve years of my childhood with. this guy was a stranger to me. fame; something he said would never change him, had changed him. a lot.

his body had matured, being nearly 19 now. his hair was more styled and his clothing had changed drastically. he was a lot taller too.

this was the guy i spent months crying over in my room after he left, only for him to totally forget about me.

"i uhh was in the neighbourhood so i decided to call over." he murmured, his hands in his jeans pockets.

"i'm sorry, do i know you?" i questioned.

his eyes flashed with hurt as his shoulders slumped. he sighed.

"catrin.." he starts.

"no. shawn you left three years ago to fly to america to get signed. i know you've been back countless of times, but obviously i wasn't special enough to get a visit. three years it's taken you to come and see someone who was meant to be your best friend. why now huh?" i burst.

"i-"

"did all those memories we made mean nothing? you're a complete stranger to me now shawn. i don't even know why you bothered coming to see me."

"don't you want to be back in my life? i want us to go back to hanging out like we used to." he murmurs.

"if fame comes with you, then no i don't want you back in my life. goodbye shawn."

with that, i shut the door on him. the worst thing was, he didn't even try and stop me.

this was better in my head..