xxiv. changing [iii]

[ 17 / 07 / 2017 ]
IMAGINES
xxiv. CHANGING
but don't you miss me sometimes?

 CHANGING❝ but don't you miss me sometimes? ❞▬

shawn mendes

i stood on the same doorstep as a few days ago, waiting for it to open. i heard movement behind there before the door opened, revealing ben; catrin's younger brother.

"shawn!" ben exclaims, hugging me tightly.

"hey bud, how you doing?" i chuckle, ruffling his hair.

"i'm good!"

"is your sister here?" i ask.

"yeah, she's upstairs with brandon. sorting her bedroom out i think." he shrugs.

he shuts the door after i walk in and he leads me up the stairs. knocking on his sister's door, he opens it and walks in.

"what's up ben?" i hear catrin ask.

"uhh the door knocked so i-"

"i told you not to answer the door to anyone! you're meant to call me!" she exclaims.

"but it was shawn! i know him!"

"shawn?" catrin questions.

"yeah!" ben nods, pulling me into the room.

her room is exactly the same since the last time i saw it, just more pictures on her wall. brandon, who was lying on her bed, is now sitting up. he gives me a horrible glare as catrin is sat at her desk.

"i thought i told you not to come back?" she questions.

"i know, but i've thought about everything from your view. i didn't realise all that happened to you after i left." i frown. "i just wanted to come and say i was sorry for leaving you alone three years ago."

"well you just did. you can go now," she replies.

i nod, looking down and then looking over at ben. he gives me a sad smile. something catches my eye behind him, turning my attention to it, i notice a burgundy dress. it was the exact dress she fell in love with when we were prom shopping together.

"you bought it." i murmur, turning my head to face her.

she nods, smiling sadly as she looks at the dress. i look back down at ben who nudges his head out of the door.

i follow him out and down the stairs to the door. however i stop when i hear footsteps come down the stairs.

"you can go now ben, i'll see shawn out." catrin smiles to her brother.

he nods, hugging me before running back up the stairs.

"you shouldn't come back, it's for the best. i don't want to get close to you for you to leave and break me again like you did three years go. it's the best for both of us. goodbye shawn." she says, leaning up to kiss my cheek.

i nod, not trying to argue with her. i give her a small smile. "goodbye catrin." i say before walking out of the door, leaving her forever; again.

so after 7 months i've finally updated the final part! 😂