Chapter 9

"It's been two hours and you still haven't spoken a word to him." Jungkook slurred, pushing Jimin in Yoongi's direction.

Jimin stumbled, grabbing Jungkook's arm to steady himself. "Shut up, I said I'd say hi, never said when." He retorted, spotting the silver haired boy across the room and sighing.

Yes, he had been following Yoongi around but keeping a safe distance for the past two hours. He was trying to figure out an excuse to talk to him but came up with nothing which is why he hadn't gone through with the bet yet. He didn't want to make himself look stupid. He was also on the verge of being drunk, not accepting any other drinks besides the two he already had. He knew that if he had another one, it most likely wouldn't turn out so well.

Jungkook and Taehyung on the other hand were shit faced drunk. Jungkook lost count on how many drinks he had, which wasn't a good thing. He came to check up on Jimin from time to time, asking if he had gotten the balls to say something yet, each time a disappointment with a pep talk. Taehyung was becoming the life of the party, much like Jimin would be whenever he was intoxicated. The redhead was dancing with everybody and anybody, taking any drink handed to him. He would have the biggest hangover the next morning and Jimin knew he would get the blame for it even if it wasn't his fault.

"You get a little more gutsy when you're drunk, go get another drink." He tried to encourage him even though Jimin had told him earlier not to let him drink too much.

"I don't want to get drunk though." Jimin whined, looking towards Yoongi again. He was dancing with some girl. It took him a couple moments to figure out that she was indeed Hayoung.

"Stop being such a pussy." Jungkook teased, punching his arm. "I'm gonna go dance. Grow a pair already." He watched as the younger made his way over to Taehyung before his eyes flickered back to Yoongi.

He debated for a second. Did he really need to? "Fuck it." Jimin muttered, grabbing a random drink off a table and drinking it. It only took him twenty more minutes to start feeling light headed, his smile growing bigger and his walking getting a bit more sloppy with every step. He'd regret it later, but for now he had a boy to see and a bet to fulfill.

When he looked around for Yoongi again, he wasn't able to find him. He went over to the last place he saw him without any luck. He pulled out his phone to see if he had posted anything, but there were no new notifications.

He decided to check the backyard. He went out through the back porch, looking around to see that there weren't many people out. Frowning, he spun on his heel, ready to go back inside. That's when he almost bumped right into somebody's chest.

"Hey, you shouldn't stand so close." Jimin groaned, trying to step around the guy.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." He hiccuped, attempting to step around him again.

"And I was just wondering when you were going to talk to me. This wasn't what I expected." He heard a familiar laugh.

Jimin's head snapped up immediately, coming face to face with the devil himself, Yoongi. His eyes widened and he stayed silent, avoiding his gaze and coughing abruptly.

"But you never approached me, yet– you were always so close." Yoongi tapped his chin, pretending to think about it.

So he wasn't as ninja-like as he thought he was being. He didn't know what to say so he just stayed quiet again, gnawing on his bottom lip nervously.