Chapter 28

He was just showing off at this point.

Every time Yoongi briefly glanced to find Jimin ogling at him, he would make a show of how good of a player he was and do something that would make the crowd cheer. Now Jimin, once again, was not one who knew how basketball worked. All he knew was that Yoongi would pass the ball to a teammate from long distances or knock the ball out of an opposing team member's control, stealing it and making the rest of the way down the court. He shoots, he scores. The crowd goes wild. Yoongi also shoots him a wink.

Jimin dies.

Yoongi glistening under the lights, sweat dripping from his forehead, the way he kept light on his toes and the way his eyes pierced his target.

Jimin was not okay.

This was truly a sight to see, he needed a whole museum just for this moment in time.

"What was he so nervous for? He's doing great!" Jimin exclaimed when he once again stole the ball, passing it to one of his teammates.

Jungkook shook his head. "Dude, he literally told you why he was nervous."

Taehyung's ears perked up at their conversation and he turned his attention towards them. "What am I missing?"

Hoseok also seemed to take interest in the topic, a grin smacked dead center on his face. "Do tell."

Jimin just looked at the three, completely dumbfounded.

"He was nervous because you were gonna watch him play, it's not rocket science." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

Hoseok gasped dramatically, clasping his heart. "Min Yoongi, big talker, boastful Suga, legendary guard of the court, was nervous for a game because of you? I cannot believe what I'm hearing."

"I- what?"

"He's so whipped for you." Jungkook snorted.

"Boy is gone." Taehyung laughed, clapping his hands together.

"Nonexistent." Hoseok added, and the three resumed their attention on the game, leaving Jimin to make himself as small as he could in his seat, feeling himself wanting to implode.

Holy fuck, he liked him so much.

When he managed to pull himself together, his gaze once again fell on number 93 (his jersey number) just in time to find him completely in his element- looking absolutely ethereal at that. With only a few minutes left on the clock to spare, the teams went all in.

Their school's team was leading by quite a bit, so Jimin wasn't really worried about the other team making a come up. He was honestly still processing the fact that Yoongi was such a good player. The boy was making shots left and right. Apparently he was the shooting guard of the team? Whatever that meant, Jimin didn't know.

With ten seconds left to spare, the ball was passed around multiple times among the scurrying players on the floor, the intensity through the roof.

And unlike the cheesy moments in the movies in which the the main character gets that final shot in at the last second, the game ended with Yoongi making a fake out.

They won.

Jimin watched as the coach yelled, excitement clear as day in his expressions and movements. The team huddled together, patting each other on the back and jumping around. They'd won the first game of the season, of course they'd be happy.  He spotted Yoongi in the bunch, the older being picked up by his fellow teammates and being tossed around, proceeding to do this with many other members too. He had the biggest smile playing at his lips, and Jimin wanted to congratulate him so badly and see that smile up close.

He had only just processed said thought when Hoseok was up and dragging Jimin down the stairs that led to the court, Tae and Jungkook behind them. Jimin took it back, he wasn't ready to face Yoongi, not when he was smiling like that.

But fate was against him, and suddenly he was pushed into somebody's side. His eyes widened as Hoseok just smirked and sent him a wink.

"Ah, sorry!" Jimin apologized and turned around to face- oh, of course, Yoongi. His cheeks heated up instantly, a habit when it came to the older at this point. "Oh, hyung! Congratulations on winning!" He exclaimed, his heart a stuttering mess as he threw a fist in the air.

Yoongi's smile only seemed to grow. Jimin felt so small under his gaze. "Thank you Jiminie." He chuckled, his teammates surrounding them as they too had people to greet. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, eye contact faltering. "How'd I do?" He questioned, voice a softer tone.

"You were amazing, who knew you could run so fast?" Jimin grinned, this shy side of Yoongi something he could get used to. He made him feel all warm and fluttery inside. "You have very sharp reflexes!"

Yoongi laughed at that, bringing one hand up to ruffle the younger's hair, his confidence snapping back. "They don't call me Legendary Suga for nothing." He smirked, his expression smug.

"Hoseok Hyung said something about that. He really wasn't kidding." Jimin laughed and clutched his other arm, another nervous mannerism. "Seriously, how long have you been playing? You were really so cool out there, I can't wait for the next game." And through his rambling, Jimin hadn't noticed Yoongi sneaking glances around them. He hadn't noticed him get closer, and he hadn't noticed how fast his own heart was beating until he felt the slight pressure of Yoongi's lips against his cheek.

He froze, his mouth slightly agape as Yoongi pulled away from him, a smile still clear as day tugging at his lips. A beat later, Jimin managed to get his breathing in tact. "You–"

"Sorry." The older chuckled, eyes glued to his once more. "I couldn't help it." His smile softened, making all sorts of alarms go off within Jimin.

And before he could reply, a loud group of three were fighting through the crowd of Yoongi's teammates and their family and friends, making their way towards the pair. Jungkook pulled Taehyung forward, their hands locked together as Hoseok maneuvered himself around easily, quite used to this sort of situation.

Hoseok clapped his hands together, clearing his throat. "So, who's up for some celebration dinner?" He suggested cheekily, a knowing look on his face as he stared at his best friend.

Everyone agreed, and so off they were to a restaurant Hoseok claimed Jin said was good. Jimin had no clue who this "Jin" was, but considering how excited Hoseok was, he didn't doubt his words. He was still caught up in the fact that Yoongi kissed his cheek, his thoughts solely on him and only on him.

______________________

soft hours uwu