Chapter 23

"Bitch, he likes you." Jungkook stated bluntly when Jimin told him about what had happened earlier that day. The younger made his return to Jimin and Tae's dorm after his final class of the day, taking comfort on Jimin's bed alongside his two friends.

"No shit sherlock." Taehyung remarked, laughing at the younger when he received a grimace in return.

Jimin shook his head, still feeling a bit dizzy from the whole situation. Of course, the lightheadedness was out of pure joy and nothing more- at least he hoped. "He didn't have to lie to spend some time with me, I would've said yes to anything." He exasperated, biting down on his lower lip as he replayed certain scenes from their not-a-date-but-a-date in his head. He felt the smile forming on his face not even a millisecond afterwards.

"Anything you say?" Jungkook questioned suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows.

Jimin smacked the back of his head, lightly shoving him. The younger gasped, clutching onto Tae's arm so that he wouldn't fall off the bed before staring daggers at Jimin.

Jimin sighed, recalling how Yoongi spoke so abruptly when suggesting they eat together. He also pointed out to himself that Yoongi didn't even get anything to eat then came up with the excuse that his best friend stole Jimin's. His hands somehow made it to his face, hiding his red cheeks. "Wow this is exciting." He mumbled.

"What?" Tae quirked an eyebrow.

"No one ever likes me back, I'm shook." He removed his hands from his face before stuffing it into his pillow instead.

"Yeah, so am I." Tae paused, "He must have a thing for being watche-"

"Anyways," Jungkook intervened, jabbing Tae's ribs with his elbow. "Next time you see him, invite him somewhere, unless he beats you to it." He sniffled, wiping away fake tears as he pressed a hand to his chest. "A beautiful relationship is about to bloom, I can smell it. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, my skin is cle-"

"Well I'm happy for you Jiminie." Tae said softly, meeting eyes the older's and pursing his lips. Sighing, he stood up from the bed and stretched a bit. "I've gotta get some homework done, let me know when it's six so I can end my misery and take a break for dinner."

"Gotcha." Jimin nodded and shot finger guns at him as he watched the boy leave his room, closing the door behind him.

Jungkook clicked his tongue and scrunched up his nose in distaste when Tae was gone, the smile falling from his face. Jimin noticed his sudden change in mood and nudged him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." The younger assured him, immediately plastering a smile back on his face.

"Are you sure?" He furrowed he eyebrows, studying Jungkook's posture. When the boy was upset, he tended to have a more slouched disposition.

"As sure as can be, ugly." Jungkook was lying to him, and he could tell by his tone of voice and the way he was sitting.

"I am going to choose to ignore that comment." He scooted closer to him. "So any updates? You and Tae?" He had a feeling that Tae must've been a reason for his mood.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and threw himself back on the bed, refusing to meet Jimin's gaze. "No I haven't found out who topped yet, he won't budge and honestly, I've stopped asking. Other than that, he seems to be coming around. It took a lot of bugging but now I think he doesn't totally hate my presence."

Jimin laughed at that. "You were over earlier weren't you?"

He nodded. "Yeah, he wanted me to show him how to beat this one part of the game before I had to go to my next class."

Jimin hummed, thinking it over. "But have you made any moves yet?" He smirked.

"Ugh." He groaned, rolling onto his stomach and attempting to suffocate himself with the bed sheets. "Shut up Hyung, I'm working on it." But his voice was muffled by the blankets and Jimin couldn't hear him.

"I take that as a no?"

Jungkook just nods in response.

———-

It's not that Jungkook wouldn't make his move, it's that he couldn't. Not with Tae in a bad state of mental health with the whole Jimin situation.

After countless talks with Jungkook, Tae seemed to get it through his head that he would only ever be Jimin's best friend, and he accepted that. He even started to support him directly, although that same night Tae called him after he left back to his dorm just to vent his feelings. Jungkook of course listened and provided every bit of support that he possibly could.

Jimin was completely blind to the whole thing, and for that the two were both thankful and remorseful- the latter more so on the youngest's behalf. If Jimin had some sense of the whole thing, he'd be more cautious around Taehyung, and Jungkook just wanted Tae to be okay.

He'd be lying if he were to say he'd only recently developed feelings for the boy. They had been around since the two first met through Jimin. Jungkook was just good at suppressing his emotions. In fact, he found it easy to distract himself. He may or may not have picked fights with Tae on purpose- but what can he say? He had a weird way of flirting and showing he cares.

Jungkook didn't want to hide anymore, but he had no choice. Not when the one he wanted had someone else on his mind. In a way it was ironic. Tae was going through the same exact thing.

There was a knock at his door before his roommate Yugyeom walked in. "Yo, what do you want for dinner?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Whatever is fine."

"This is why I hate being your friend." Yugyeom laughed, taking his phone out of his pocket. "Pizza?"

"Sounds good."

Yugyeom nodded and stepped out, closing the door behind him and calling the usual pizza place.

And for the thousandth time, Jungkook really tried to remember– who the actual fuck topped that night?

———-

Yoongi was typing away on his laptop, sitting at his desk editing pictures with his headphones on. He didn't hear Hoseok knock or even walk into his room for that matter. It wasn't until said boy pulled one of the headphone speakers away from his ear that he acknowledged his presence.

"Yes?" He questioned, scrunching up his nose in annoyance.

"Our school doesn't even have a video game club, Hyung." Hoseok grinned, giving the older a knowing look.

Yoongi swatted at his hand that still held onto his headphones, ignoring the heat spreading through his face. "I didn't let you in." He avoided the subject, standing up and beginning to push Hoseok out the door.

"You know, you could've just asked him out. I'm sure he would've said ye-" The door was shut in his face, but Hoseok had managed to catch a glimpse of Yoongi's red ears. "Ah, you're so cute when you have a crush." He cooed at his best friend from the other side of the door. He heard the volume of Yoongi's music increase and he assumed that his music was playing through the stereo instead of his headphones now.

Hoseok rolled his eyes and retreated back to his own room, resuming his phone conversation with Taehyung. "I've never seen him like this."

"Jimin has that effect on people." The other chuckled making Hoseok smile.

______________________

Who am I for putting such angst
Also– Long live the side ships!!!
The story won't focus too much on em, but I do wanna include clips of the side conflicts every here and there! Hope you don't mind!