Tension Building

Chapter Five

****

"So you actually found something?" Scott's eyebrow rose as Stiles rushed into the library where we had already been sitting with Kira and Malia. 

He nodded as he waved papers in front of his face, "Another signature." He shoved two pieces of paper to the middle of the table for all of us to look at. First pointing at the paper on the left, "This is Theo's dad's signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago." Focus was then turned to the paper on the right, "And this is his dad's signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School from just a few days ago." 

My eyebrows furrowed at the form in front of me before my eyes landed on Stiles who was leaning over the table, "Uh...So, how did you get the transfer form?" 

Kira nodded, "Yeah, how did you manage that?" 

"Did you break into the administration office?" 

Stiles gave his eyes a roll, "No, I did not break into the Administration office." Clearly none of us believed a word he was saying due to the only way of getting this form would be to do just that, also it's Stiles and to prove his point he'll do just about anything he has to. His eyes glanced between all of us who were just staring at him waiting for the truth before he decided to speak again. "Okay, I might have broken into the Administration office. Can we just focus on the signatures, please?!" Both of his hands flew out in front of him before they landed on the papers. "They're different." 

Giving the signatures a look there was a very slight visible difference, but then again my signature changes all the time. "Y-Yeah...I mean, they're different." 

Malia made a face at me, "Don't lie to him, Autumn. They're barely different. I think you're overthinking things."

Stiles? Overthink things? Never

His eyes widened as he threw his head back, "They're completely different!" He stressed, "Come on! Look! The garlands don't match, the undulations of the sinuous stroke are totally off! And look at this–" His finger landed on one small specific spot, "Perfect example of the criminal tremor." 

My mouth was gaped open, not really sure what to say after all of that. He had definitely done his research, something that he had always been good at. "Wow...uh..." 

Thankfully Kira began speaking so I no longer felt the need to, "So now, Theo is Theo, but his parents aren't his parents?" 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Stiles ran his fingers through his hair. "Someone's not someone. And when I figure out who that someone really is, someone's in big trouble." His eye did a little twitch as he almost looked confused at his own words, which wouldn't be the first time.  

"But no one's done anything wrong." Scott stated. 

"Yet!" Stiles emphasized, "If Theo's parents are both psychotic killers then obviously, we should not trust him, right?"