The Search for Repressed Memories

Chapter Thirteen 

****

"Lydia, are you okay?" After what seemed like ages, Lydia was finally seeming to come to. I had immediately called Scott, who thankfully arrived in what seemed to be seconds. 

She glanced at me before turning towards Scott and Theo who were right beside me

She glanced at me before turning towards Scott and Theo who were right beside me. "Y-Yeah...I'm ok. I'm fine." Her hand was trembling, so he gently laid his hand on top of hers to help.

" Her hand was trembling, so he gently laid his hand on top of hers to help

"You remembered something..." Theo stated as he knelt down. 

"Not about the Dread Doctors..." Her eyes were now locked on mine, like she was trying to tell me without words. Almost like she wanted to me to jump into her head so we could have a private conversation. "Nothing about them or the surgery." 

Scott took this as an opportunity to help her up, in which I assisted. "What was it then?" 

A look of hesitance was sketched onto her face, like she was really debating even saying anything. "I...It was my grandmother." She confessed as she took a seat. My eyes narrowed at her words, there wasn't a doubt that she had my full attention. Did she see her like I had done various times before? Was grandma now communicating with her too? "At Eichen House." 

"Lydia?!" 

Scott, Lydia and myself would know that voice anywhere. Not only was my moms voice echoing in the hallway outside the door, but so were the sounds of her heels clicking anxiously against the hard tiles. Her strawberry blonde hair appeared within seconds, a look of immense worry on her face. "Oh, my God! What happened?!" Her eyes went between all of us in the room, before they finally landed back on my sister. "Are you alright?" 

"Mom, I'm fine. It was nothing." 

Our mother clearly wasn't going to accept that answer, "Was it a blackout? Did you faint?" 

"Yeah...yeah, I fainted." A small forced smile tugged on her lips. "I'm fine, I promise."