The Dread Doctors

Chapter Ten

****

After Stiles hadn't been answering his phone or his messages I took it upon myself to make my way over to his house, thankfully finding his jeep in the driveway which in a way settled my nerves. After everything that had started happening, I wasn't going to take the chance of something being wrong and not checking up on him. It was Sheriff's night to patrol so after giving a knock on the door and not getting a response, I took out the key Stiles had made for me and let myself in. 

At first it was quiet, "Stiles? Are you home?" He didn't respond, but I could hear some noise coming from inside his room. "Stiles?" I cautiously made my way up towards his room, the noise now identifiable as his crime board squeaking. The door was slightly ajar so I just had to push on it slightly for it to open, "Babe?" Confusion washed over me as a very distraught Stiles was erasing something that was written on the board. 

Stiles didn't say a word, just continued to erase whatever was written frantically

Stiles didn't say a word, just continued to erase whatever was written frantically. Finally he had, had enough, he forcefully threw the eraser towards the board with a load yell. Seeing him like that broke me inside, but what broke me even more was the fact that the moment he saw me standing in the doorway, he completely broke down into sobs. "Oh my–Baby, come here!" I rushed over to where he was behind the glass, pulling him into my chest. "Shhh, I'm right here." He's a lot taller than me, but he somehow managed to rest his head on my shoulder. "What's wrong? Did something happen with your dad?" He shook his head, "Scott...Malia...any of our friends?" He shook his head again, which then had me at a loss. 

We stood there in silence for a moment until my hand wandered up to his shoulder, eyes widening as something soaked his shirt and he jumped in pain

We stood there in silence for a moment until my hand wandered up to his shoulder, eyes widening as something soaked his shirt and he jumped in pain. I removed my hand to get a look, panic setting in as crimson red covered my fingers. "Oh my God, Stiles! You're bleeding! What happened?!" I began to check the rest of his body over for injury, turning him so I could get a look at his shoulder. "Please...please talk to me." 

He turned himself this time so his eyes were on mine, bloodshot and puffy from crying yet he had managed to calm down a bit. "I-I...he came after me, I was only defending myself..."