7. Part 4 ~ Echo

Kayla Marie
the next week

I'm sitting in the back of the Authority's SUV, staring out the window. Rain pours down and makes it almost impossible to see anything.

"What's on your mind Kayla?" Randy asks, squeezing my hand.

I know Steph is still mad at me, for "causing their loss" against the Shield, so I shake my head and put in my headphones. I blare the music even though I'm not listening, I'm too focused on what's going to happen tonight. Orton and I are defending our tag team belts, against Roman's cousins.

We are pulling into the arena at the same time as The Shield. As far as I know Orton didn't tell anyone about me stopping him from attacking them. I don't plan on saying anything
either.

"Oh, Roman, did you hear?" Steph asks when she sees Joe. She's one of the only people who only calls Superstars by their ring names. "I'm guessing by the confused look on your face that you didn't. Your cousins, the Usos, are facing Kayla and Randy tonight." Her laugh is staring to get on my nerves.

Joe's eyes flick to mine and Orton's hands. I see the regret in his eyes as he turns to Jon, I hear him say "Let's go bro." And they leave.

"At least you aren't like him, spineless coward." She laughs again and I leave to change into my ring gear.

I'm sitting in makeup before my match, main event. "Stephanie wanted me to tell you, Hunter and her left, they'll meet you at the hotel later tonight." Leslie informs me.

Orton comes walking up holding the tag team belts, "We have 5 minutes before our match, are you almost done here?"

I look to Leslie, "Am I good?"

"As always." We laugh, I give her a hug then go with Orton.

I put my Women's Championship belt around my waist and the tag team belt over my shoulder.

"Where's your jacket?" He asks.

"I lost it last week." I mean it's not technically lying.

He stops walking for a second and looks at me, "Really?"

Yeah, and I want to finish the match tonight." I say as we walk towards the entrance.

"Ok, my Queen."

"Thank you, my King" I say kissing him.

"Anything for my Queen." He slips his arm around my shoulders and I slip my arm around his waist as our music hits and we head out into the arena.

Orton starts the match for us. The Usos don't  have a chance to try defending themselves before Jimmy gets a RKO out of no where. Orton pulls Jimmy  into our corner and starts punching him, I tag myself in.

"Ready to go then I take it?" I shrug and get in the ring. Orton chuckles at me.

At the end of the match

Orton just delivered an RKO to Jey, he tags me and I go to the corner. Jey struggles to his feet. I side spear him, I hear the crowd starts to boo as I get the three count. Then their music hits.