13. Slammys

Kayla Reigns

It's the Wednesday before TLC. We are still at home, but packing to leave. The teasing about them finding us together hasn't slowed down any.

"So Joe and I have a tv appearance tomorrow. Colby, you and Jon have a signing the same time. Then we all have separate appearances on Friday. Slammys on Saturday. TLC on Sunday. Then Monday night raw." I say rereading the email I got from our manager.

"We should head out tonight. So we can work at the performance center for a couple days, get back in the swing of things." Colby says tossing his bag onto the couch.

"Then we should leave like... Now. If we want to get there at a decent time." Joe says looking at his phone.

We decide to drive separately. Which means get a break from Jon and Joe's nagging since they always ride together. I make Colby drive. We sit in silence, it's a content silence, no awkwardness, just we don't need to say anything. I watch the water go by as we drive down the beach. I end up dozing, quiet music is on and Colby hums along to the songs.

I wake up as we pull into the hotel, it's about 6:30. There's two king beds, way to many pillows and fluffy blankets on each, and a rather large couch under the window. "I'm going to the performance center, who wants to come with?" Joe says once we have settled in a little bit.

"I'm up for it, Colbs?" I say turning from Uce to Colby, I know Jon doesn't like gyms that much so I don't ask him.

"Sure."

We get to the performance center and it's packed, not only NXT people are there, but superstars from the main roster. I spot Maryse and Lana working in a ring so I go over to them, Joe and Colby go to the weight room, as usual.

"Mind if I join you guys?" I ask hoping up on the apron. Maryse gets a big smile on her face when she sees me, Lana not so much. She is new to wrestling and I have made a reputation of being ruthless, I am with the Shield it's kinda what we do.

"Lana I don't bite." I laugh patting her on the back.

"It's been a while since I've seen you. I missed you!" Maryse says pulling me into a hug. Maryse and I have spent a lot of time traveling together, and we spent a lot of time working together. "And she is one of the best people you can learn from." She adds turning back to Lana.

"Can you help me work out an Enzuigiri, I hear they're kind of your specialty?" Lana asks timidly.

"Of course, when you're friends with Colby Lopez you get good at them." I chuckle, glancing at Colby.

We work for about an half an hour. Lana improved greatly but was having trouble landing on her feet instead of her face. Joe and Colby make their way from weights to a ring to have practice matches. Lana and Maryse go to take a break, I head over to the ring that the boys are working in.

"Spear him Uce!" I yell. Colby looks at me with a hurt expression on his face, Joe just laughs.

Colby goes for a submission move, which is odd to see him do. He fumbles to lock in the arm bar, Joe counters and hits him with a knee.

"Just stop. Colby what the hell was that?" I laugh, sliding into the ring. Joe laughs as well.
"Joe go sit in a corner. I need to show Colby how to properly do an arm bar."

Joe sits down, back against the bottom turnbuckle. "Careful, Colbs, she's deadly with submissions."

We lock up, I let him put me into a headlock. I  counter by pushing him off me and into the ropes, he runs back at me and I hip toss him. He lands on his back, I quickly flip him onto his stomach and lock in the arm bar. My knees are on either side of his shoulder, I pull his arm up, leaning back over him. (i.e Becky Lynch's arm bar) He tries to counter it, but him squirming around the ring is funny. I get off of him, I sit up on the top turnbuckle, "Now you try it on him."