16. Coffee

Kayla Reigns

I wake up to find my bed half empty. The clock flashes, 7:00 A.M. I grab my phone, I see a message from Randy, I'll have to answer that later. I sit up, rubbing my sore arm, I look over at Joe and see he's still sleeping, same with Jon.

Hopping out of bed, I pull on leggings and a sweatshirt. I take of my makeup from the night before and put my hair up. Standing in the bathroom I stare at the mirror, not really seeing anything. A knock on the door snaps me out of it.

I open the door to see Colby, "What did you forgot your key?"

"No, I'm picking you up for our date. You ready?" He says, a smirk playing across his face.

"Yeah, one sec." I say. I can feel the heat creeping up into my cheeks as I turn away.

I walk over to Joe's bed side table and grab a piece of pen and paper. I quickly scribble down that we went to coffee and the time we left. I can't help but laugh when I turn back around, Colby is leaning on the door frame, half asleep. He must of had to get up early to get out of the room before I would wake up.

We walk to the nearest café, chatting lightly. Only a few people are sitting at tables, most get coffee and go to work, I'm guessing. We order two black coffees, I know boring. I sit down across from Colby, we took a booth in the back, secluded from unwanted listeners.

"So tell me about your self, Ms. Kayla Anoa'i." Seth asks, sipping his coffee.

"Well, what do you want to know? I'm an open book, all you have to do is ask." I set down my coffee, it's to hot for me.

He tilts his head looking at me, like a confused puppy. "What was NXT like for you? I've only ever heard bits and pieces of your time down there."

"Well, I got signed around the same time you got called up. They had me in training for 7 months before they put me on TV. After two months of working my ass off I got my title shot, I'm sure you know I won." He nods along with my story, actually looking interested. "I kept the title for 10 months before losing it, they kept me off TV for two more months then I got called up." I finish my story and take a sip of coffee, still to hot.

"Now that's no fair, I already knew that. I was traveling the world with Joe. I mean what was it like not having your brother, what was going on in your life?" He leans forward on his elbows, grinning slightly as he looks at me.

"It sucked not having Joe. He was off traveling the world and I wast stuck in a gym training with people who didn't really like me." Both of us chuckle, knowing it's true that not a lot of people liked me.

"As for what was going on in my life, I had a fiancée, Alex, which you already knew." He nods, tilting his head again as he listens. "That went south and then I focused on wrestling. Working twice as hard so I could get my call up so I would have my brother again." My coffee is still too hot but I gulp it down anyways.

"Enough about me. Tell me more about yourself, Mr. Colby Lopez." I say leaning back in my chair, taking another sip of the still scolding hot coffee.

"Well what do you want to know?"

"How abo-" I can't even finish my sentence. A coffee connects with the back of my head, scolding hot liquid pours down my neck and back. I jump up and spin around, my fist connects with the persons stomach.

"What the hell was that for!" I yell, dancing around, trying to stop the coffee from burning me.

"Skye?" Colby says standing up, his coffee falls out of his hand, spilling on the floor, as the girl stands up. She has long platinum blonde hair, which is covering her face since she is still doubled over.

"You know her?" I ask, the café is dead silent.

"Know me? I'm his fiancée!" Skye yells, she has a thick Irish accent, making it hard to understand her.

I turn to Colby, his face is pure shock, and anger, with a hint of resentment. Tears threaten to fall down me cheeks so I turn and run out the door. I can hear Colby behind me, yelling for me to stop, but I can also hear Skye yelling after Colby.

I sprint down the street, I don't care that people are staring at me. Orlando is somewhat familiar. I turn a corner and see a familiar alley, one my friends and I spent a lot of time in when we had to run from cops. We weren't always good kids when we were younger.

I lean against the brick wall, gulping in air. I slide against the wall, sitting down. I struggle to hold back tears as I stare at the ground. Footsteps echo throughout the quiet alley in a busy city. I don't even have to look to see who it is, I just know.

"Go away Colby." I manage to choke out, my voice catching on his name.

"She's a psychopath, I ended it with her a long time ago." He says sitting down in front of me.

"How come you never mentioned her?" I whisper, not able to look him in the face.

"Everyone has a chapter they don't read aloud, one of my favorite quotes, because its true." His voice cracks as he speaks, which makes my heart hurt.

I shake my head, not trusting my voice, or myself. I go out to coffee with a guy and what did I get? A coffee thrown at me by a psychopath. I can't help but laugh, my life has been so screwed up. Here I am, sitting in the same alley my friends and I used to hide from cops, as an adult with a guy I'm crazy about hiding from his ex-fiancée.

"What are we doing? We are sitting in an alley!" He laughs.  He stands up and pulls me to my feet, I lean in like I'm going to kiss him.

"Catch me if you can!" I yell over my shoulder as we run down the street, laughing like idiots, ignoring the world around us. I sprint back to the hotel, pulling the door open I rush through the lobby to the elevators. The elevator doors open, empty. I rush in and turn around smiling, Colby comes rushing in, right before the doors close.

"I knew I should've taken the stairs." I whisper, out of breath.

His lips crash down on mine, soft yet rough. He pushes me against the wall, I reach up and put my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. The doors open and we spill out of the elevator, we stumble down the hallway. His hands slip around my waist pulling me closer to him. He pushes me against the door, kissing my neck as I fumble with the door knob.

The door opens and we fall to the ground, Colby landed on top of me, partially crushing me, I start laughing in pain.

"What the hell were you two doing?" Joe asks, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Um nothing." I say as Colby grabs my hand and pulls me up. I can hear Jon chuckling in the room.

"Why are you soaking wet?" Joe asks, motioning to my shirt.

"Coffee." Colby and I say in unison before breaking out laughing again.