3

"Hey" Lauren says softly, squeezing at my shoulder.

"Sorry," I murmur as I sit up, blinking and stretching realizing that I fell asleep. I am still in her arms, on her lap.

"I could watch you sleep forever, Mani."

"Did I say anything?"

"Not this time" she smiles softly "We're almost your place."

Oh?

"We're not going to yours?"

"No."

I sit up and gaze at her "Why not?"

"Because you have to go to your dance company tomorrow."

"Oh." I pout.

She smirks at me. "Why, did you have something in mind?"

I flush. "Well, maybe."

She chuckles. "Normani, I am not going to touch you again, not until you beg me to."

"What!"

"So that you'll start communicating with me. Next time we make love, you're going to have to tell me exactly what you want in fine detail."

Make love? Oh my.

"Oh."

She shifts me off her lap as Tony pulls up outside my apartment. Lauren climbs out and holds the car door open for me.

"I have something for you." She moves to the back of the car, opens the trunk, and pulls out a large gift-wrapped box. What the hell is this?

"Open it when you get inside."

"You're not coming in?" I frown, I don't know why I can't stay away from this woman.

"No Normani" she speaks eyeing my expression "I'll see you soon alright?" She says as we reach the door.

"Yes" I respond fumbling through my bag to find my keys, trying to hide my disappointment.

As I unlock the door, she leans forward and cups my chin, tilting my head back. Her mouth hovers over mine, and closing her eyes, she runs a trail of gentle kisses from the corner of my eye to the corner of my mouth. A small moan escapes my mouth as my insides melt and fall apart at the touch of her lips. Her lips meet mine and she kisses me softly as her hand moves from my chin to reach for the back of my neck.

She pulls away and gazed at me and my blush causes her green eyes to glow bright and her lips to curl up into a smile "I'll email or text you" she speaks softly, brushing her thumb against my cheek.

"Goodnight Lauren" I whisper, I hear the desperation in my voice.

"You're frowning. You want me to stay. It won't work" she smiles and leans in to kiss me "In you go" she says pulls the door open for me.

I step inside and turn back around to her, she gives me that sexy Jauregui wink "Laters baby" she says and with that she turns and heads back towards her car.

Once in my place, I open the gift box and find my Mac laptop, the I phone, the bracelet, and another rectangular box. What is this? I unwrap the silver paper. Inside is a black, slim, leather case.

Opening the case, I find an iPad. Holy shit... an iPad. A white card is resting on the screen with a message written in Lauren's handwriting: