12

I force a smile, leaning in to kiss her lips. As I feel her gentle, yet demanding lips move against mine, my temporary anger is gone and before I know it I'm being dropped off in front of the dance company.

Lauren squeezes my hand tighter as i wait for my door to be opened. I glance over at her and she probably can still see my dismay since I'm not very good at hiding it. She leans in and her head folds into my neck, I feel her lips grazing my skin. I close my eyes momentarily and let out a deep sigh.

"I wish I could be with you all day Mani," she whispers and by how she says it I'm not sure if it's because she wants to ensure that I'll be safe or that she really just hates being away from me. However, both thoughts make my heart warm. This woman cares so much about me. I've never felt this before. I've never been in love before, so it makes since.

I feel the care from Dinah of course but that's a different kind of care. That's a bestfriend, I know everything about you care. With Lauren it's a I'm in love with you, I want to know everything about you care.

"I wish we didn't have to leave but we both have careers," I murmur against the top of her head as my door is pulled open.

She quickly lifts her head and gazed at me with those perfect green eyes, squeezing my hand tighter "Normani, I was serious when I said you don't have to work. I can take care of you"

I roll my eyes, not ready to start with her this morning. I lean in to kiss her, as a form of distraction before pulling away and murmuring against her lips "If I don't dance anymore, I could lose my flexibility" I smirk "we wouldn't want that would we?"

She smirks and eyes me, biting her pink lip "Oh no, we wouldn't. I like my Mani's bendy"

I giggle and place a chaste kiss on her lips, yes again "Laters baby," I whisper.

She grins "Laters, my babygirl." Her hand comes up to brush gently across my face "And please, please be safe"

"I will, you too"

//

"There's the pretty girl. I didn't see you earlier" Victoria smiled as I walked to her locker.

I flushed. She's always complimenting me and what woman doesn't love a compliment, especially when it's genuine.

But I wouldn't be lying if I said I was doubting NewYork. Maybe it was the talk with Lauren. Maybe it was the fact that she actually told me to go. Maybe that's all I wanted... to know that I can make my own decisions.

"Oh please," I gave her a closed lipped smile, titling my head as I flipped my bag over my shoulder "You're always gassing me up. I look a mess right now."

She stepped closer and her hand timidly reached up. I brought my neck back a little, not knowing what she was doing. But I relaxed once I felt her hand tuck a stray hair behind my ear "There, that was the only flaw I saw. Now you're good" she laughed.

I shook my head.

"Mani, damn! Why in the hell didn't you tell me you were dating the Lauren Jauregui? I didn't even know your ass was gay" another voice came up from behind me.

I turned my head of course to see Kaelynn with a smirk on her face. She was pretty. Caramel skin, her hair was pulled back into a pony tail now. She was short, I mean I was short but she was shorter making her short. She was also one of the best dancers here.

I giggled, for some reason getting nervous "I'm dating Lauren Jauregui. Surprise!" I respond sarcastically, laughing.

"I mean I know that now. I had to find out from Victoria"