14

She sighs a deep, deep breath and gazes at me after squeezing me tighter "Marry me?"

I blink at her, it's dark but the moonlight from the balcony gives me just enough view. Her forehead has beads of sweat on it from her panic, she's gazing at me.

"Lauren I think you may still be dreaming," I say with a nervous chuckle and she just takes a deep breath, pulling me closer.

Wrapped in her arms, I feel her asleep again in no time.

What in the hell was that? She couldn't haven meant it. Is she crazy? Or was she actually just dreaming?

Well...

Yes. She is.

I shut my eyes, allowing myself to drift off into a deep sleep. But it's quickly over, feeling like a blink. I flutter my eyes open, feeling the absence of Lauren only to see her comfy on the other side of the bed. I'm so used to her having to be up before me.

My alarm hasn't gone off so I can't be late. Which is good.

I reach for my phone and realize the opposite. It's already 8:15. I must have forgotten to set my alarm with all that went on yesterday.

Shit!

I facepalm, taking a deep breath before quickly scrambling out of bed and into the bathroom.

I am showered and out within six minutes.a Lauren sits up in bed watching me with ill-concealed amusement coupled with wariness as I continue to dry myself while gathering my clothes. Maybe she's waiting for me to react to yesterday's revelations or last nights strange outbursts. Right now, I just don't have time.

I check my clothes leggings, black shirt. I'll have to change into my dance clothes once I get there. I put on my black bra and panties, conscious that she's watching my every move. It's... unnerving.

"You look good," Lauren purrs from the bed, running her hand through her messy hair "You can miss one day, you know." She gives me her devastating, lopsided, one hundred and fifty percent panty-destroying smile.

Oh, she's so tempting. My inner mani pouts provocatively at me, stomping her foot.

She's the horny one, not me.

"No, Lauren, I can't. I am not a megalomaniac CEO with a beautiful smile who can come and go as she pleases. Plus with our performance coming up soon, I'll miss too much rehearsal time."

"I like to come as I please." She smirks ignoring everything else that I've said and cranks her glorious smile up another notch so it's in full Hd imax.

"Lauren!" I scold. I throw my towel at her and she laughs.

"Beautiful smile, huh?"

"Yes. You know the effect you have on me." I say fixing my pony tail.

"Do I?" She blinks innocently, standing from the bed and walking behind me as I look in her mirror.

Our mirror?

She takes my hair from my hands before I could get it into the pony tail holder and places it over my shoulder, exposing my neck.