sixteen.

harry and simon spend many nights like that, sometimes outside of the castle and sometimes just in harry's room. it was becoming a regular occurrence for simon to knock on harry's door in the middle of the night and slip into his bed with him, cozying up together so simon could get a good nights sleep.

simon, the kitten gets fussed over- both of them always stroking him and bringing little treats for him, harry was convinced he could train the kitten to do tricks and on the odd chance that he did sit when harry told him to, the boy got so excited that human simon couldn't help getting excited with him.

they spend their first christmas together. simon explained the concept to him and harry thought it sounded so fun. simon bought him a necklace with a rose quartz stone set in (ethan's mother helped him choose) and harry baked simon these mouth-watering brownies and painted his nails blue for him. ("hold still, this colour matches your eyes!")

jide and simon also grew closer, the two slowly becoming the infamous troublemakers of the castle- josh, their boss was always on their cases but they somehow managed to not get fired. even after the incident with simon flooding the kitchen and jide setting all the food on fire.

throughout the days and nights harry and simon spent together, simon found himself falling for the small boy with unruly curls and it was hard to not tell him. he made simon better, the boy had never felt at ease spending time with a person like that and simon was well and truly head-over-heels in love with him.

sometimes, simon took harry on dates- although he wasn't aware of the concept- harry thoroughly enjoyed being fussed over and spoilt. whenever the night came to an end, simon would kiss harry on the cheek and go back to his room leaving harry with a feeling of warmth in the pit of his stomach.

now, they were sitting in harry's room- simon was throwing a ball up in the air and catching it whilst harry brushed the kitten's fur down. it was a cold night, december 29th but there were many candles lit in harry's room and they were wrapped in layers so the cold couldn't really be felt.

"harry?"

"yes?"

harry looked up from the kitten and at the real simon who was biting his lip thoughtfully.

"would you like to go to a party with me?" he asked, hesitantly.

"a party?" harry questioned.

"oh, um it's like when loads of people get together and there's dancing and stuff?" simon tried to explain, "ethan invited us, he's throwing a new year's party."

"i'd love to!" harry said, eagerly.

"cool."

"why are you being all weird about it?" harry laughed, taking the ball off of him and cleaning some dirt from his nose.

"there will be a lot of people there."

"it's okay, i like meeting your friends!"

"you've only met ethan."

"and his mum!"

simon giggled, grabbing harry in a gentle headlock. "you smell good." he sniffed appreciatively.

"and you smell like coal, what have you been up to?"

simon made a face. "jide and i have been preparing all the fireplaces to keep this place warm."