twenty-one.

new year's eve, the village was alive with celebration, laughter and singing could be heard from the streets that simon and harry walked through. they had left koko in her usual spot, with some water and apples- she would be fine.

"simon?"

simon turned his head, they had been walking in a comfortable, calming silence until now, they both had a million things on their minds but some things are better left unsaid, for now.

"yes?"

"will there be many people, at the party?"

harry had been thinking about this for quite some time, he had finally mustered up the courage to ask, he was slightly nervous about being around so many people he did not know.

"i guess so, ethan has many friends." simon shrugged.

"oh." harry looked at the ground, "will everyone be nice?"

simon blinked, "what are you afraid of?"

"i don't think i'm good at getting people to like me." harry said in a small voice.

"don't worry, princess." simon smiled, "you just smile that cute smile of yours and everyone will fall at your feet."

harry punched simon in the arm, "shut up!" he blushed.

simon stop giggling, "seriously, if you put all your kindness out there, the universe will return the favour."

"really?" harry asked.

"really, now come on. i'm cold as hell!" simon dragged harry to the front door of ethan's house and rang the bell.

"well, look who decided to show up!" ethan answered the door, his cheeks red and a huge grin plastered on his face, "didn't think you were going to make it."

simon and ethan hugged, and harry dawdled in the doorway, unsure of what to do. then, ethan turned his attention on him, pushing simon off of him.

"hello, curly!" ethan yelled, opening his arms and harry only hesitated for a second before welcoming the hug, giggling a little.

"hello, ethan." harry smiled.

"oi! everyone this is my good friend simon, and this is the lovely harry, be nice!" ethan yelled, pushing simon and harry forwards whilst curious eyes bore their way into the two boys.

simon was recognised by a few people and they came to greet him, everyone was clearly drunk and the music was very loud.

harry stepped back a little whilst simon caught up with his friends, smiling politely at anyone who caught his eyes.

suddenly, he felt a tap on the shoulder.

he turned around to see a girl, even shorter than him with long blonde hair and a pretty dress on.

"hello." she smiled, "i'm elizabeth."

"hello," harry smiled back, shyly. then, something clicked in his brain and he held out a hand for the girl to shake. he was extremely pleased when she shook it immediately. "i'm harry."

"who are you here with?" she asked, looking harry up and down with curious eyes.

"simon, he's the tall one just over there." harry pointed him out, simon was already his boisterous self, rolling around on the floor and wrestling some boy as their friends howled with laughter and cheered him on.

"oh," elizabeth stared for a little longer than harry felt was normal, "he's hot."

harry coughed, becoming uncomfortable. he could see that simon was getting sweaty but he didn't like how elizabeth said it, with this strange hungry look in her eyes.