seventeen.

harry threw his arms around simon's waist, his eyes shining as he pleaded with him.

"please don't go!"

simon groaned, why did he always make it so hard for him to leave. "i still need to finish work, harry."

"buh-but," his eyes widened, "can't i come with you?"

"what if someone saw you!"

"no-one is going to come into your room, we can lock the door!"

"it's way too dangerous."

simon put his hands on his hips, a firm expression on his face. "there is no way in hell you are going to convince me to let you leave this room, so cut it out!"

-

harry skipped along the corridors, barefoot and in his pyjamas with a grin plastered on his face as he looked all around the corridor, there were no guards around so he was free to explore a little bit.

"i hate you!" simon groaned.

he had weakly given in to harry's plea, he just couldn't help himself- harry was just too adorable to say 'no' to.

"which one is your room, simon?" harry looked at the rows of wooden doors each belonging to a servant.

simon brushed him out of the way and pushed open the door at the far end, stepping inside, not holding the door for harry. "this is it."

harry squeezed in as the door was about to close and immediately jumped onto the small bed, rolling around and messing up the sheets.

simon grudgingly sat down too, pulling a clean tshirt on, the paint had dried on his back by now and so he didn't need to be shirtless, although harry admitted he was a little disappointed when simon had dressed again.

"what's with the pouty face?" harry cooed, scooting closer to him and squeezing simon's cheeks.

"get off!" simon swatted his hands away, "i just have a bad feeling about this."

harry snorted, simon needed to chill out, nothing bad was going to happen. he sat up properly, looking around the room and he noticed it was extremely simplistic. a bed, small wardrobe and a mirror. there was nothing to say it was simon's room at all.

"hey, si?"

"yes?"

"why haven't you decorated or something?"

"well-,"

the sound of the door swinging interrupted simon's reply and the two boys both gasped and jumped off of the bed at once, panic and dread mixing into their expressions.

"what is this?"

simon's boss, josh walked in. he was glaring at simon, looking between the two boys suspiciously. he had heard noise coming from the room and he was shocked to see a second boy standing behind simon.

"and who are you?" josh asked, stepping in front of harry, towering above him as the smaller boy quaked in fear.

"umm, i-i am harry."

"i haven't seen you around before." josh hummed, his brown hair slicked back without a strand out of place making him appear even more intimidating.

simon just stood there, his mind blank. he had no idea what to say or how to fix this. harry was staring at him, his eyes impossibly wide.

"are you a villager, boy?" josh asked but then shook his head, "you're wearing silk pyjamas, can't be."

josh mulled over the situation. here was a boy, clad in expensive material in a servants room, a servant of whom josh knew was an outright troublemaker. surely, if he reported this he would get some recognition from the higher authority.

looking at the kid, there was something familiar about him that he couldn't quite put his finger on. the way he held himself and how he spoke, or could it be the way his eyes were a shade of blue he had seen somewhere before.

then, his expression cleared.

"good, god! can it be?"

[a/n]

prepare for the angst, friends (>_<)

this chapter is v short but ill write a rlly long one next time to make up for it !!

big big thank you to everyone reading this and commenting it makes me the happiest, love love love love you <3

-mia ^.^