Twelve Drummers Drumming

Hye! Guys! This is my new RyoSaku fic. I called it 12 Days of Christmas. Kinda song fic related but not all of it. Anyway, I hope you like this first chapter. Domo... :)

Note: Ryoma and Sakuno are both sixteen since the former's having his birthday but oh well... :3

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

Chapter 1: Twelve Drummers Drumming

Chapter Summary: Her heart was drumming non-stop and it wasn't the normal beating she was feeling everytime she was seeing him.

'On the twelfth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Twelve drummers drumming...'

The evening breeze of Christmas was freezingly cold that night. Each family was celebrating the feast with their loved ones. As I could hear each voice laughing, shouting and greeting a Happy, Merry Christmas to one another. From the frozen pavement where I remained stationary, I could see them from their windows, how happy they were. Some were already opening their gifts and these people who couldn't wait until tomorrow.

A snow flake fell on to my nose and I blew it away. It made me sneeze afterwards. My beanie, muffler and coat were not comforting enough to keep me from the cold. I looked down and brushed my shoes by tapping them on the snowy ground. The weather was getting heavier and I had to do my task tonight. From my back, I pulled my hand and revealed a small gift that was wrapped in silver and ribbon. The gift wasn't much but I hoped that he would like it. The problem was I didn't know how to give it to him.

Today was the twenty-fourth, Christmas eve, and it was Ryoma-kun's birthday.

'God rest ye merry, gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember, Christ, our Saviour
Was born on Christmas day...'

The song from the other house started to play and it brought nice feelings inside me. It was rare to feel the Christmas this way. No wonder it made me sing-along with the whole family as I continued walking the path where I was heading to.

'To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy...'

I took a deep breath to calm my panicky heart. The Christmas carol was still audible but the lyrics were not. But I knew that the night had been just began. That reminded me, I had to be home within an hour so I had to hurry. My parents and Obaa-chan were waiting for me back home. They only let me go after the endless teasing that came from them and I was given sixty minutes to give my present to Ryoma-kun. It had been twenty minutes since then so I really had to hurry.

Ten minutes, I was finally in front of their house. Technically, that was seven minutes ago. It was three minutes already since I've arrived but I couldn't muster my courage the knock on the door. The house was simple just like how I remembered it. The house wasn't decorated for Christmas probably the premises was actually a temple. They wouldn't mind for they were also celebrating Christmas. It was awfully noisy from the inside. Now, I was wondering if they could hear me if I tried to knock.

Testing my point, I knocked three times. I bit my lower lip when no one answered me. Then, I tried again louder this time. Still there was no luck. I tried for the third time, with saying 'Hello!' in the process hoping they could hear me. I heard some rustle after a few seconds. My heart beat faster when the front door was opened and revealed a taller guy wearing a monk suit, he was grinning from ear to ear when he saw me;

"Why, Ryuzaki-chan! What a pleasant surprise it is!"

"K-Konvanwa! Echizen-san!" I bowed politely at the father of the person I admired, "Merrii Kurisumasu!" Then I remembered what Obaa-chan had asked me to bring, "This is from Obaa-chan. This isn't much but I hope you'd like it."