Nine Ladies Dancing

Hye! I am back with the new chapter. I hope you like this. Domo... :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will

Chapter 4: Nine Ladies Dancing

Chapter Summary: She felt down, awful and disappointed now that she lost the only thing that currently connected them.

'On the ninth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Nine ladies dancing...'

I didn't know how I got myself into my room that night. It was awfully quiet in my own perspective. Sighing, I slowly sat down on my bed hoping that I wouldn't feel anything as I moved. But I was wrong. My body was exhausted from moving all day, from searching all day. My limps were aching, my hands and feet were sore from the cold temperature outside. It started snowing since ages ago. My vision went to the window. The pane was already moistened with the snow flakes dropping from it. It was surely cold outside. I was supposed to feel cold but somehow, I just couldn't.

I collapsed on my bed and placed my arm to my eyes willing for the tears to go back from falling. I tried not believing it. I tried refusing the reality. Despite the victory the team had, I just couldn't bring myself to celebrate with them.

I just couldn't knowing that I lost something important today.

xxx

The brightness of the morning sun blinded my sight that morning. I squinted when I felt that rays entered my window and went through my bed. It hit my eyes and it made me cringe for the sudden light. The realization of forgetting to close the window last night only proved how stupid I was. I wanted to curl into my bed and wouldn't get up. It would have been better if I stayed in my bed all day.

"SAKUNO! WAKE UP! IT'S PAST BREAKFAST ALREADY!" Obaa-chan called from downstairs. I whimpered only loud enough for me to hear. That was right. I had to help Obaa-chan prepare some things with Kawamura-senpai before having the party tonight. I didn't want to go feeling that I would only create a mess.

I had something going on in my mind. I bit my lower lip when I remembered it.

I couldn't face Ryoma-kun. I couldn't. I made a promise that I'd take good care of it. But it hadn't been a week and I already lost it. Thinking that, I buried myself further on my pillow. There was no way I'd face Ryoma-kun after losing the bracelet.

I was really clumsy like everyone was telling me.

A knock suddenly interrupted my thoughts, "Get up there, Sakuno. Don't make me come here twice!" Obaa-chan warned me peering from my door, "You must know that we have lots of things to do today and I really need your help."

I slowly lower my blanket and looked at my grandmother, "I understand Obaa-chan. I'll come down in a minute."

She stared at me for a couple of seconds, examining my features. I knew that she would pry about my behavior if I kept acting like this so I got up and returned to my 'normal' self. Her frown diminished and waved her hand in the air before turning around, "Chop-chop!"

I sighed as I slowly stood up. Observing my body, I felt my limbs if I could move freely. When I thought that I could move, I changed into my casual attire and walked out from my room. Doing some things to keep me busy would probably be helpful hoping to forget my current problem today.

This was going to be a long day as well.

xxx

My feet found the court once again. My dismay hadn't changed since last night. The court was still covered with snow. Worst, the snow started to piling up, it was harder to enter the playing area now. The tears that I tried willing to keep were threatening to fall once again.