Six Geese are Laying

Hye! I am back once again! I hope you like this one too. Domo... :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

Chapter 7: Six Geese are Laying

Chapter Summary: New Year's eve arrived but she felt incomplete. She was trying to know what it was.

'On the sixth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Six geese-a-laying,...'

I was long awake the next morning and was only staring at the ceiling for a couple of minutes of my four corners of the wall of my room. Just like from the previous night, I began to toss and turn on my bed. Sleep was depriving me since that night. No wonder I felt restless and I didn't want to get out from my bed. I looked at my bedside table where my clock was and saw that it was just seven in the morning. I sighed to myself as I burried my face to my pillow.

It was indeed too early to do things.

But doing nothing would make me remember the previous events yesterday. The day had started awkward but it got better for a few moments. But then, it became awkward once again. I just couldn't understand it. The fact that the news of Ryoma-kun leaving again brought an impact to me. Sure, he'd leave from time to time and return from who knew when. He was like that, surprising everyone. Somehow, I felt different when I received the news yesterday.

Why was I feeling like that? I didn't know.

A loud knock brought me from my brooding and followed by Obaa-chan's voice, "Sakuno! Are you awake? Come and help me downstairs!"

I inwardly groaned keeping the noise from my grandmother. So much for me wanting to stay in bed for longer hours. Obaa-chan repeated her words and I couldn't help but turn my head to the door to answer her, "Hai..."

"I'll be waiting!" She said before I heard her walk away from my door. I sighed deeply before slowly sitting up from my bed. Trying to figure out what my grandmother needed my help with today, I realized why she did but my heart was getting heavier each moment.

It was New Year's Eve and it was also counting the days until Ryoma-kun would leave for his next tournaments.

xxx

Obaa-chan was busy checking some post cards that were lined up on the table. From the designs of them, I knew that they were New Year wishes and good luck cards. She was labeling them and making sure that she got everyone. She looked up when she noticed me approaching the table and smiled;

"You are up," She said and I smiled back at her, "I am almost done here. Can you deliver this to the post office today? I have some errands to do and I don't have time to do it."

"I'll do it Obaa-chan. Don't worry. I have some post cards to send as well today." I replied as she gathered all of them and gave them to me.

"That's better then," She said as she grabbed a few tens in her pocket and gave them to me as well, "And while you are at it, maybe you could buy some bread on your way back. I want to eat something hot today."

"Hai, I will." The thought of bread made me watery. Eating hot crossed buns would be the best food to eat during the cold winter.

"Run along now. You don't want to miss the mailman, do you?"

I chuckled as I walked away from the table. It was going to be a long cold day.

xxx

The trip to post office wasn't big of a hassle. The cards were all ready to be sent for a couple of minutes and I was sure the receivers would get them tomorrow morning. I felt so happy and relieved as well. I knew that the New Year would be a prosperous one.