Four Calling Birds

Hullo guys! I am back! I hope you like it. Domo... :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

Chapter 9: Four Calling Birds

Chapter Summary: She tried to do something to keep things normal but everytime he came near, she...

'On the fourth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Four calling birds,...'

I woke up heavily the next morning. For some reason, I could hear some birds chirping just outside my window. I looked up just to see two birds standing outside from it. It was still cold outside but I was wondering how these birds could handle such cold.

I could never handle it.

Thinking that made me grab my warm blanket and wrapped it around me. I didn't want to leave from my bed. I didn't want to think of anything. And I didn't want to think of him. I grabbed hold of the blanket even more as I failed of doing that.

What was happening to me?

After a few more minutes of cuddling with my own blanket which was a silly thing to do, I finally got up, did my daily routine and went downstairs.

"Ohayou Obaa-chan." I called out when I saw her in the kitchen making our breakfast. She turned to me and smiled;

"Ohayou Sakuno. Come and sit down. This will be ready in a minute."

I nodded and sat in front of the kitchen table. Later on, bacon and peanut butter sandwich were placed in front of me. We started digging in silence. Not until Obaa-chan spoke.

"How are you now?"

I looked at her and shyly nodded, "I am fine now, Obaa-chan. Thank you." She somehow knew what happened last night and I was grateful that she didn't pry me about it. I was acting silly when I received my fortune but for some reason, I just couldn't calm myself for it. I normally received bad luck fortune slips and rare good luck ones every year. But I felt different when I received my fortune last night.

"Right, Echizen will have a party at Kawamura's before he leaves on the 5th," Obaa-chan said reminding me what I missed last night, "It'll be tomorrow night."

Yeah.

He was there when I received it. I didn't look at him for who was I kidding? People kept teasing me for him. And I admired him. But he was leaving.

What was I going to do?

Ryoma-kun normally left for tournaments but why was his leave this time felt different. Like he would never come back. It was hard to tell. I looked up and nodded at her, "I should make something then."

"The boys will gladly love that. They love your baking, you know."

For one thing that was so sure, my grandmother never ceased to amaze me. Well, I felt shy and blushed because of that. I was glad that senpais loved my baking. It was the least I could do for them.

"I better get ready then." I said as soon as I finished my breakfast. I immediately stood up and grabbed my plate and placed them in the sink.

"Are you going shopping?" Obaa-chan asked standing as well.

"Hai, there are few people at the grocery at this time. I should take this chance to shop."

"I'll take care of the dishes," She said pushing me out from the sink, "You might as well buy me some butter and dairy milk while you're at it."

I nodded and left the dishes to her. I quickly made my way upstairs and changed into thick clothes, "I'll be going Obaa-chan!"

"Don't get lost, okay!"