Seven Swans are Swimming

Hye! No further ado, please enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

Chapter 6: Seven Swans are Swimming

Chapter Summary: She was bracing herself for the upcoming new year and also for an impending news everyone had to receive.

'On the seventh day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Seven swans-a-swimming,..'

"You can get it back tomorrow afternoon," The jeweler said examining the broken hook of my bracelet before he looked at me, "Lucky for you, I am open tomorrow."

Tomo-chan and I beamed when he confirmed it. He was going to do it for us knowing that I begged him to fix it. The shop didn't usually open on New Year's Eve but it was going to be for my sake.

"Thank you very much, Oji-san!" I bowed to him for several times knowing how thankful I really was, "I really owe you one."

"She's right Oji-san!" Tomo-chan copied my action and thanked him, "Thank you very much!"

"Hush girls! It's only a small favor. No need to work out that much." The jeweler laughed cheerily at us and that made us smile, "Run along now. It's still early. Go do your thing. This will be good as new tomorrow." He winked at us gesturing the bracelet in the process.

Both of us giggled before we walked on our way to the door, "Thank you again." I said before walking out the door. The bell dinged as we got out.

"Have fun!" We could still hear the jeweler remind us. Tomo-chan and I looked at each other for a few seconds.

"Well, what now?" I asked my best friend.

She shrugged as she looked around, "We should do what he said? We have plenty of time before preparing for new year."

"But the New Year's Eve will be tomorrow." I told her as I looked around as well. The area was still covered with snow but it stopped snowing. It would lessen the job that we would do in the future if it would not snow again. But I highly doubted that.

"That's why the more the time we have the better," Tomo-chan said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me away, "Come on!"

"W-where are we going?"

She grinned at me before answering, "Ice skating!"

xxx

"T-T-Tomo-chan! I-I-don't think this is such a good idea." I said grabbing my best friend's arm for my dear life. I didn't know why I agreed to go ice skating with my best friend this morning. Yeah, I was no ice skater. That was why people called me clumsy. I barely managed playing tennis but I was still hanging on, like what was I doing right now.

"Oh come on, don't be a scaredy cat!" My best friend said pulling me away from my grip into her arm, "We've been doing this every year but you are still not good at it."

"T-this is not my skill, Tomo-chan!" I said trying to grab her again but she only held my hands to hers.

"Let's do this again just like the old times," She said pulling me to the center of the rink, "Come on, glide your skates."

I did what she told me. It was slippery as I tried gliding to the ice. As I looked around, I noticed that there were only few people skating around. The place was usually famous for freezing. The lake here froze quickly as soon as the temperature dropped to 10 degrees celcuis. It was just not safe to jump all the time or the ice might collapse from above where you were standing.