Three French Hens

Hye! I am back! I never thought that writing everyday is challenging hahaha. Because, I keep thinking of the days. I hope this remains good. I really hope.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis

Chapter 10: Three French Hens

Chapter Summary: She got advices from the people she'd never expected.

'On the third day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Three French hens,...'

The late morning and early lunch on the third of January came naturally between Obaa-chan and me. I woke up that morning when Obaa-chan told me that my parents were calling me. Excitement filled me when I heard their voices. It made me miss them more already.

They never had the chance to call me since New Year's Eve for they were so dreadfully busy. They apologized and made up to me that morning, using my time just to talk to them. I was really grateful to have loving parents like them despite the distance. It wasn't a hindrance for them to reach me as it was the same for me.

That was the reason we decided to have a brunch the moment we finished talking to each other. I sighed as I finished washing the dishes that early noon.

"That was a big sigh," I heard Obaa-chan said from behind me, "Are you worried about something? You had some quality time with your parents if I remember it correctly."

"It wasn't that, Obaa-chan." I whispered lowly as I wiped my hands to dry.

"Well, spit it out then." Obaa-chan insisted.

I thought to myself. What was wrong with me? I had never been bothered like this before, not when the time I thought Ryoma-kun was hard to reach. I realized that it had been him all this time. I was really bothered that Ryoma-kun was going to leave again. It only intensified when I heard him call me by my name for the first time yesterday. I believed that since Christmas, we had gotten close to each other.

We passed beyond acquaintances years ago but this year felt different. Ryoma-kun was taking his time to spent his days with me. I had never been this close to him before.

"Sakuno." Obaa-chan called out when I didn't speak for a few seconds. She reached out and grabbed my hands pulling me away from the kitchen and brought me to the living room. She gestured me to sit down which I did, "What's bothering you?" She asked looking straight at me in the eye.

I sighed deeply once again and looked down, finding our intertwined fingers interesting to watch, "Obaa-chan... how do you deal when someone you care about leaves you?"

Obaa-chan frowned at me, trying to figure out what I was trying to say, "I'll be sad of course. Why?Are you still sad that you are far from your parents."

"No! I mean, yeah. Sometimes I do and I miss them but, this feels different," I looked at my grandmother inwardly, "It feels like the person is going away... for good."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because... I feel like the person's saying goodbye," I blushed as I thought of the activities we had together during the past few days, "despite the things we did..."

"You are not talking about your parents, are you?"

I slowly shook my head.

"This has something to do with your fortune."

I was about to deny it but thought otherwise.

"This is about Echizen, is it not?"

I guessed that I couldn't deny it anymore, "I-is that weird? He usually leaves but why do I feel like he's not coming back."