Two Turtle Doves

Hye guys! I hope you like this. Second to the last part of the fic.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

Chapter 11: Two Turtle Doves

Chapter Summary: She refused to believe what was happening but deep in her heart, she really was.

'On the second day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Two turtle doves...'

My heart just would not stop from beating so fast. It wasn't normal anymore and I was beginning to worry whether that was still healthy or not.

Ryoma-kun was being different, a good different.

But I was not sure if I was ready to accept it. I didn't want to hold on to something and rely to nothing in the end. I would trust him but for he was always true to his words.

There was a reason why I blushed everytime he was near me.

There was a reason why my heart beat so fast when he stared at me.

There was a reason why I became still whenever he touched or whispered something unexpected to me.

...because I had admired Ryoma-kun for a long time.

I stood in front of my mirror as I observed my appearance that morning. I was wearing a wool coat, thick enough to protect me from the cold. Underneath my coat, there was a fine blue dress hoping to be seen completely later. The snow was amazingly thick today, no wonder Obaa-chan ordered me to wear a coat. She wouldn't take no for an answer. I was also blushing at this moment.

The invitation of Ryoma-kun asking me out was the reason why.

He had confirm it. Today was going to be a date. No wonder I couldn't stop blushing ever since.

I looked around and spotted the wall clock silently ticking from the white cement just above the headboard of my bed.

It was almost ten in the morning.

I mentally panicked when I realized the time. I dashed out of my room and into the living room where my grandmother was resting. I smiled at her as she noticed me approaching the front door.

"I am going, Obaa-chan." My hand found the doorknob and twisted it to open.

"Alright, do be careful, okay?" She turned her head from where she was sitting and smiled at me.

"Hai! I will!" Then the door was closed.

xxx

My breath was out the moment I reached the train station. My hands were resting on my knees to bring back the air into my lungs. It was such a silly thing to run on a snowy weather and also while wearing thick clothes at the same time.

Ryoma-kun was already waiting for me and casually standing near the ticket booth. He looked at me before looking at the clock above us.

"One minute late but that's a record." He reminded me.

"I made it at least!" I replied the moment I got my voice back.

"One minute is still one minute." He insisted.

"Mou!" I pouted.

He turned around without saying anything but I saw the smirk he was wearing on his face.

Ryoma-kun really loved teasing me.

"Aren't you coming or what?"

I blinked twice when I heard his voice. He turned to his shoulder when he saw I wasn't moving. Nodding my head, I silently followed him inside the train. The cabin wasn't crowded so I was able to sit. Ryoma-kun sat beside me. I mustered the courage to look at him and asked;