Five Golden Rings

Hye! I am back! I hope you like this. Domo... :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

Chapter 8: Five Golden Rings

Chapter Summary: Wishes and Good luck charms were the last things she needed as she welcomed the New Year with him.

'On the fifth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Five golden rings,...'

The New Year's eve was awfully cold as we walked on the white pavement. The snow had started to fall. I looked up the moment I noticed it. It was awfully cold that I even see my own breath. I rubbed my hands to keep myself from feeling too cold. I gasped when a fabric was placed around my neck. My eyes dilated and my breath was cut short when I realized how close Ryoma-kun to me.

"That's better than rubbing your hands." He calmly said.

I looked down and saw his scarf wrapped my neck. His hands were still fixing it. No wonder that he was really close to me, "W-what about you." I managed to say.

He moved away from me after he fixed it, "I can handle the cold." He continued walking away after that. Part of me was relieved that he walked away and part of me was disappointed that he did. My thoughts made me blush really hard just as another thought came for me to realize. His closeness brought warmth in my heart and I was overwhelmed to admit that I liked the feeling.

We walked in silence after that. Not long before we reached the temple. It wasn't Ryoma-kun's temple but I knew that Echizen-kun would ring bell in their temple when the clock would strike midnight. We only have less than three hours to welcome the New Year.

"Ochibi!" Kikumaru-senpai saw us first and gave us a bear hug. He didn't even care about the cold. Ryoma-kun cared though for he was trying to get us out from senpai's grasp.

"Hanase! Senpai!" He retorted but his effort was useless when Momo-chan-senpai joined the circle. It made me giggle awkwardly as I was trapped in the middle.

"Guys, let go of them," I could hear Oishi-senpai prying the crowd to separate, "You are squishing Ryuzaki-chan."

"Gomen gomen, Ryuzaki-chi!" Kikumaru-senpai said finally letting us go. Ryoma-kun glared at him but he didn't seem to care, "You two look good."

The blush appeared to my face once again. I looked up and saw the rest of them surrounding us. The girls were even at the corner but they didn't bother to come near. The bracelet incident was still fresh from them. Somehow, I could understand them. I returned my attention to my senpais and bowed to them;

"Akemashite Omedetou, minna-san! Please take care of me again next year!"

They were silent for a couple of seconds before I felt a hand gently patting my head. I looked up and saw Momo-chan-senpai leaning over and grinning at me;

"Ake Ome, Ryuzaki-chan!"

The others followed and greeted each other. Soon after, Obaa-chan and Tomo-chan arrived and joined the group. We spent time together by eating different traditional food. We kept doing things under the snow until it was time to welcome the new year. The bells rang and everyone greeted a happy new year. We prayed and made a wish at the temple. After that, we went to the lake and lit some fireworks.

The completely welcome to New Year.

We spent the whole night there making pranks and jokes with each other. I was just sitting on a grass and watched them. Obaa-chan had visited Echizen-san so we were left by ourselves.

I stared at the lake in front of me. The people were walking from here to there. Even my senpais were having their fun beside the lake. It was weird that I was sitting on the grass while watching them. No, I was actually crouching on the ground and the grass wasn't even, completely visible. I just really loved watching the people in front of me.