Chapter 14

"You will all have front row seats, to the summoning of heaven." Caligo laughed and placed the mages down, But still trapped in his magic. The mages gasped at the room around them.

"Yukino... she's here" Erza whispered noticing the white haired mage slumped in one of the silver thrones and glared at Caligo. "What exactly are you planning?" She growled and Caligo smiled.

"Amicus explain it for me please." Caligo said and made his way to the gem in the center of the room.

"Alright!" She said cheerfully and floated in front of the mages. "Caligo is going to collect the magic of all these celestial mages and then put it into that gem and then we'll get too go to heaven!" She cheered and the team on the floor glanced at each other with slight confusion their faces.

"Uh... but-" Erza started, But was shushed.

"Hush, No questions." Amicus said and waved her finger.

"Amicus! Its time!" Caligo shouted from the gold throne at the other side of the room.

"Coming!" Amicus shouted and floated over to him. Caligo placed the key on the throne and nodded towards the crystal.

"I'll need you to open the gate." He said and Amicus's looked at him nervously.

"You want me to do it?" She asked and glanced at the crystal.

"Of course, I have to summon Lucy from the key. You can do this, I believe in you." Caligo said and smiled warmly at her. Amicus blushed then nodded smiling brightly. She floated over to the gem and looked back a Caligo. Caligo gave her a thumbs up and she nodded back. She lifted a single finger and placed it on the oval stone and closed her eyes.

"Oh holy plain above. May the stars be pleased with the power offered and show us the beauty of a world so bright. Let us be worthy of the light you bring as we open the door to heaven." Amicus chanted and the crystal began to glow brightly.

A ball of light formed above the gem and slowly began to grow as light shot down each path that lead from the silver throne's of celestial mages. Amicus looked back at Caligo with a smile, But felt her happiness become worry when she saw the pale and wide eyed expression Caligo wore. The key that held the celestial mage was in pieces in his hand and Amicus felt her mouth fall open. Amicus turned back just as the ball of light began to shake uncontrollably. She turned to ask Caligo what to do, but she couldn't move forward towards him.

She kept trying to move, but she couldn't. Her Eyes became wider as she realized she was being pulled backwards. She began to scream as her feet were pulled into the ball of light. "Caligo! Caligo! Make it stop!" She cried as now her knees were being engulfed in the light. "Caligo! Caligo!" Tears were running down her face as she struggled to escape. It was now to the top of her hips when the ball of light was struck by a spear Caligo had thrown.

"I force thee shut!" He shouted and the clapped his hands together. The ball of light closed in on itself and Amicus tumbled to the ground, the spear clattering to the ground next to her.

"Caligo..." Amicus said in a shaken voice. The Mages that sat still on the ground widened their eyes at the sight of the poor girl. "Caligo... what... what hap-" she started to say while trying to sit up, but stopped when she realized she couldn't sit up. "Huh?..." she mumbled and looked down screaming in horror at the sight of only half her body lying on the ground as blood began to pool around her. Soon pain began to well up and she let out another shriek.

"Caligo... Caligo help... help me... it hurts... what happened... Caligo..." She started to gasp out, her eyes wide and her body trembling. Caligo made his way over to her and knelt down next to her. Amicus felt a small smile grace her lips as she saw is face through her tears. She reached a hand up shakily and Caligo's hand grasped hers. She was about to say something when Caligo squeezed her hand.

"You failed me..." He said and his eyes darkened. "She was not in the key." He said and squeezed her hand tighter.

"No... That was the key..." Amicus whispered and started to tremble more.

"You have failed me." Caligo said anger laced in his voice. Amicus felt more tears stream down her cheeks.

"Caligo... I'm sorry... Please... Help me." Amicus begged.

"I forgive you..." Caligo said and let go of her hand. He stood up and reached his hand into his pocket. "But you have failed your job. Therefore I no longer have use for you."

"My... Job?..." Amicus spoke slowly while shuttering in pain.

"Yes, Your job" Caligo said and pulled out a silver celestial key. "This" he said waving the key, "Is your key."

"My wha..." she started, but couldn't finish, the pain was making it hard for her to speak.

"Your key." Caligo said and waved it around a bit more. "You are a celestial spirit."

"But... But you found me... you saved me." Amicus whispered, her heart aching.

"No Amicus, or should I say, the wind sprite Aura, I summoned you. I only replaced your memories and your name. You've been quite loyal, But your use is up," he said with dull eyes.

"No... that's not true... Caligo..." Amicus said in a strained voice.

"Goodbye, Amicus." Caligo said and snapped the key in half.

"Caligo... I lov-" In a flash of light Amicus shattered into a thousand tiny light particles, her word being broken off leaving silence to fill the room.

uh... Merry christmas haha... hah...