Chapter 6

****

"I still don't understand why you wouldn't tell anyone about this. You know I'd watch Mel for you if you need it. And-" Mikey is cut off by a dismissive wave of Gerard's bony hand. "I'm fine, Mikes. This is why I didn't." "No. You didn't because you're too scared to," Mikey replied, sighing when he saw Gerard's hand move towards the remote next to him to start channel surfing.

"Mel handled it well..." Mikey murmured. "Yeah, she did. Better than me." Gerard scoffed and then it was silent as the tv screen changed each second. "I actually really think I would be worse off if it weren't for Frank."

"Frank? Iero?"

Gerard nods.

Mikey looks at him skeptically and then cracks a grin as a small laugh escapes his lips. Gerard is so confused. "What? What's funny?"

"Nothing...just remembering something."

Gerard purses his tiny lips together before shrugging it off. "Oh."

"I remember one day when the three of us were at...someone's house. You went to the bathroom and he was staring after you and then mumbled something like, 'Be my fucking boyfriend, idiot.' and I just burst out laughing." Mikey had a wide smile as he retold the memory. "And he must have completely forgotten I was there, man. He went red as hell and begged me to not tell you anything."

The only thing Gerard can say is, "What?"

"Gerard, I just told you what." Mikey rolled his eyes. "You're lying." Gerard accused, sounding like a teenage girl. "Gerard, when do I ever lie? You know I think there's absolutely no point in lying."

Frank?

Frank Iero?

Frank Iero wanting Gerard to be his 'fucking boyfriend'?

No way.

Frank isn't even gay! He went out Jamia!

"Frank went out with Jamia."

"There's something called being bisexual, idiot." Mikey yawned and stretched. "Frank would never like me. He must have been joking around." But even as Gerard says those words it's too late. The thought of him and Frank actually dating is embedded in his mind and now he's going to think about it all the time. He's going to think about it whenever he sees Frank and just might stumble over his words.

"I don't think he was. From what I know of him you can tell when he jokes around or not. He looked serious and sounded so...playfully angry but really angry at the same time." Mikey chuckled. Gerard is quiet as he contemplates what he has been told still. "I bet he still likes you."

But Gerard shakes his head. "No way. We've been friends for like, 9 years. No way would he still like me." "You'd be surprised at how long someone can hold in their feelings." Gerard can feel his heart beating irregularly. Frank liked him and maybe he still does at this very moment. Is that good? Is that bad? What if he was the reason Jamia and Frank broke up? Gerard doesn't even know how that would be possible, but he's making up all sorts of things now.

"Why would someone like me?" Gerard said. His voice was high with genuine confusion because-"I mean. Look at the mess I am. No wonder Lindsey broke up with me. And I'm pretty positive Frank doesn't like me anymore."

"Gerard, why are you always doubting everything and putting yourself down?" Mikey gestured with his hands. Gerard finally drops the remote as he lands on some infomercial and sighs heavily as he lays his head back. "I don't know. I just do."

Gerard decided to check the time and saw it was almost 10pm. "You can have my bed. I'll sleep out here." "No-" "Don't argue with me." Gerard ordered as he stood up and stretched before walking away towards the linen closet. When he came back, Mikey was on his phone, "Gerard, I'm not sleeping in your bed."