Chapter 22

This chapter isn't sad I was just messing with you guys :P

However, it does speed up to Mel's birthday.

---

A knock on the front door stops Frank's attempt to tie a knot at the bottom of the balloon. He hurriedly does it and drops it on the floor. He jogs over to his door and answers it, seeing Mikey with his arm around a girl, along with a little boy and girl that look to be around 5 or 6. The little boy gasps and looks around Frank's legs into the house. "Justin!" The lady hisses, sending an apologetic smile to Frank afterwards, her glossed lips pulling apart. Frank smiles back nicely and holds his hand out. "You must be Ashley."

"I am, and you must be Frank. I've heard a lot about you." Her Green eyes glimmer and Mikey gets a little smug. Frank glares at him. "I guess you told her the 'boyfriend' story." "Of course. I tell everyone about it." He chuckles. "Hey, man." Frank shakes hands with him and right after the boy pulls his Mom's hand. "Mommy! It's a birthday!"

"Yes, sweetie. I told you in the car, remember?"

"Food." The little girl mumbles, looking longingly at the table. Ashley bends down to pick up the little girl and Mikey picks up Justin. "This is Sarah. She's always quiet unless she wants something." Ashley chuckles.

"Complete opposite of mine." Frank snorts. "Oh yeah! Come in! Sorry." He lets everyone in and shuts the door afterwards.

"Where's Gee?" Mikey asks as he adjusts Justin, who just lays his head on his shoulder. "This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen." Frank smiles and laughs when Mikey hits him. "He went to get some last minute things."

"The cake?"

"Hey, I didn't place the order. He did. And he has to pick them up."

"He's stupid."

"Hey! He's not stupid...most of the time."

"I got pee." Justin perks up, looking right at Mikey. "Down the hall. It's open." Frank tells Mikey before he's on his way. Frank makes his way to the table where Ashley is pointing at the Tinkerbell piñata. "And when you pull this string with everyone else, candy is supposed to come out."

"Candy." Sarah says, experimentally tugging at a string. "Later, okay?" Ashley flattens Sarah's short blonde hair and then puts her down. When she notices Frank walking over she smiles and points at his long sleeved shirt. "You didn't have to cover up." She giggles.

"Oh, uh...I kinda did. Gerard was ready to throw a cup at me earlier." Frank blushes, scratching his head. "Prettyyy." Sarah gasps, reaching out for his hand. Frank hesitates before giving it to her and her mouth just drops open as she pokes at his skin. "She loves tattoos. My brother has some." Ashley informs. Frank just chuckles quietly.

"B...O...W...R." Sarah spells. "Good job, baby!" Her mom congratulates. "Can I?" She gestures to both his hands and Frank folds them together.

"Ah. Very nice." She nods. Before Frank can say anything else there's a honk outside. "Sorry." He blurts before leaving to help Gerard. He's bending over in the backseat so of course Frank smacks his ass. "Dayum."

"Shut up and get the bags out of the trunk." Gerard demands. "I wanna see the cake first." Frank replies. "You'll see it in the house!" He whines and shakes his butt. "Get the bags." Frank bursts out laughing but still opens the trunks to gather the bags. He closes it as soon as Gerard closes the door with his hip. Frank quickly steps in front of Gerard to look at the cake upside down.

"The fuck kind of L's are those?" He scrunches his face together. "I'll fix it. Apparently, she was new on the team and was really nervous." Gerard sighs. "You sound stressed. This is kinda funny." Frank giggles. "I am stressed! It's her 9th birthday!" Gerard's eyes widen and he chews on his bottom lip. "And then she'll turn 10. And the same thing will happen over and over. And over." Frank teases, leaning up to kiss Gerard when he groans. "Calm down."