Chapter 7

Gerard was still in the same clothes he'd worn last night and felt disgusting. However, he couldn't get to his house unless Frank gave him a lift.

Frank. His bestfriend.

His bestfriend that had had a crush on him and kissed him last night.

Gerard downed the glass of water and set the cup down, taking a deep breath as he leaned against the counter. God. Gerard's head pounded incessantly with no sign of letting up. He still can't believe he let himself go like that over drinks. He promised he'd stay sober and he broke it so easily like he had never sworn to himself or Melissa that his hands would never touch anything that wasn't water, coffee or diet sodas.

Gerard hears the jiggle of the doorknob of the front door and is startled, fixing his posture immediately and bringing on another round of nausea and pain in his head. Hopefully, the Aspirin works. He ducks his head out of the kitchen as he sees Frank lock the door behind him with a small grocery bag.

"Oh! You're out of bed." Frank realizes and smiles as he walks into the kitchen. Gerard steps aside and quickly pushes the thought about how that sounded like they were together out of his head. "Yeah." He swallowed. "I took some Aspirin."

"I bought kiwi for you. You know, because you love kiwi." Frank shrugs as he sets the plastic container of sliced kiwi on the counter. "What? Frank-"

"Nope." Frank stops him. "I also bought bagels and cream cheese...and strawberry cream cheese because you like that."

"Frank, you really didn't have too. God." Gerard groans and holds his head in his hands. He just feels so...ungrateful and extremely lucky.

There's silence and he can tell Frank is staring at him. Then, his body is engulfed buy Frank and Gerard immediately puts his arms around him, feeling useless and pathetic in his bestfriend's arms.

"That's what friends are supposed to do, Gerard. Take a deep breath." Frank murmurs when he feels Gerard's chest heave up and down faster than normal.

"I don't deserve the life I have."

"Yes, you do. Don't let drinking last night cloud your mind with these thoughts. It was a mistake."

Gerard knows he blows everything out of proportion. He's honestly cleared it up a little over the years. How he even got Frank to be his friend was still a mystery. Gerard, if he were Frank, would have given up on himself if he had shown up at his doorstep dressed like a girl.

"How bad was it?" Gerard pulls away, sulking.

"It wasn't bad." Frank tells him, intentionally leaving out details. Details.

Details.

Details.

Leaving out details.

"I have something to say, too." Gerard says when Frank busies himself putting away the few things he'd bought. "Shoot. I took the day off today so." Frank shrugs and kicks the fridge door closed while stuffing the plastic bags in the trash.

"You took another day off?" Gerard whines, easily getting sidetracked. "Gerard, my boss and I are cool, okay? Don't worry about me." Frank says in that high but somewhat deep voice of his. "Mhm."

"Seriously!"

"Okay!" Gerard grins when he sees how serious Frank's face is.

And then Gerard is cursing out in pain as he stumbles backwards from a forceful but playful blow to the chest. "Shut the fuck up." Frank orders as Gerard laughs. "I didn't even say anything!"