Chapter 3 - Four Years Later

~Four years later~

It's been four years. Four years since the Hyakuya family and (Y/N) tried to escape, four years since the children have been slaughtered except for Yuu and (Y/N), four years since Yuu and (Y/N) and four years since Mika was turned into a vampire.

In class 1-1 of Second Shibuya High School, there was a teenage boy with messed up black hair and green eyes looking out of the window boredly.

He is Hyakuya Yuichiro.

" I can't believe that I have to go to school as punishment for ignoring orders. Geez, I'm saving humanity from those monsters for god's sake. " Yuu mumbled as he slumped down to his desk and laid his head on the desk.

Yuu remembered what happened clearly. He ignored the leader's orders and went ahead and killed the Horseman of John. He didn't bother to remember what they were known as and called them a monster and a thing that must be destroyed. It's been four years since that fateful day. During that time, Yuu has grown taller, a built body, more arrogant and and had grown a habit in cursing often.

" Why? Why must I, a soldier go to school? " Yuu whined as he gazed out of the window.

" I only have two important things. One to kill all vampires and secondly, I'll make sure (Y/N) lives for Mika. " Yuu mumbled.

" Hyakuya-kun, please stop whining and mumbling to yourself because you are disrupting the class. " the teacher scolded.

Yuu scoffed and ignored the teacher, making him angry with his action.

" What's with your attitude? I've been tolerating you so far because you had just transferred but if you keep up with that attitude, you will be suspended. "

Once the teacher said this, Yuu's ears perked up and he quickly stood up.

" Really?! You can get me suspended?! Please do it! " Yuu said excitedly which made the teacher ticked off and started rambling about respect and such.

Yuu was about to say something until someone tapped on his back. He turned around to face a girl with a petite body and large rosy eyes. Her violet hair was pinned back with a purple bow with side braids.

" What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy? Who the hell are you anyway? " Yuu asked, clearly annoyed.

The girl didn't say anything and just showed him her notebook.

I'm Shinoa Hiragi. I was appointed by Lieutenant Ichinose to be your supervisor.

She then wrote something else on the page and held it up again.

If you don't cooperate, Lieutenant Ichinose will extend your punishment.

" What?! " Yuu exclaimed, causing the teacher to have a tick mark on his forehead.

" Sit down, Hyakuya-kun. " the teacher said firmly.

Yuu was hesitant but sat down anyways when Shinoa emphasised the word 'cooperate'.

" Dammit. "
*
The bell rang, indicating that school is over. The students walked out while talking to their friends about their activities that they are doing later on.

" You need to go out with others. You should make friends like how Lieutenant ordered you to do. " Shinoa grinned as she stood in front of Yuu.

" Don't talk to me so causally when we only just met. " Yuu said, annoyed and wanted to be alone for a while.

" Lieutenant told me that your entire family was slaughtered by vampires except for a girl named (Y/N) and you two escaped. Since then, you have trouble socialising with other people, scared to lose someone dear to you. He also said that you're scared to open up to other people. You claimed that you only have two important things to do. One which is to kill all of the vampires and secondly is to make sure that (Y/N) lives for a member of your family. I must say that is very cute since you are overprotective of her and make sure that no boys hit on her. " Shinoa said bluntly and Yuu shoved her away from him harshly.