Chapter 8 - Cursed Gear

" So, (Y/N)-chan, how long have you known Yuu-chan? " Yoichi asked nervously.

" Eh, um...around when I was ten I think. Although I knew Mika longer. Why? " (Y/N) tilted her head as she looked at Yoichi.

" N-No reason. Just curious. " Yoichi sent a nervous smile towards (Y/N) who just shrugged it off.

Yoichi had developed a very very tiny crush on (Y/N). Why? Well, here's the story.

Flashback~

During (Y/N)'s birthday party, somehow, a food fight had stirred up. Why? Simply because Yuu and Shihou were arguing with each other and then, Yuu threw chicken bits at Shihou who then threw jelly at Yuu in return.

It was then a full out food fight with Guren's team and of course Guren. (Y/N) simply had fun watching them while sipping a cup of tea.

" Aren't you going to join in? " she asked Yoichi without looking since everyone else were in the fight which only left her and Yoichi.

" Uh, no, I prefer not to. " Yoichi sent a small smile at her direction since she had finally turned to look at him.

" Well, that's too bad. " she frowned as she looked at Yoichi then stood up suddenly.

She placed her cup of tea down and stood in front of Yoichi. She bent down and went close to his face. Yoichi started to blush from their closeness but then, (Y/N) then took out a handkerchief and wiped a part of his face with it.

" You had crumbs. " she stated bluntly as she pulled back and gave him a small smile before taking her cup of tea and sitting back down.

After a few sips, she plaved it down, took the nearest food near her which was two loaves of bread and threw it to the others. And that's how she got part of the food fight.

Flashback ends~

" U-Uhm, do you like Yuu-chan? " Yoichi asked a he twiddled with his fingers.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened.

" E-Eh?! I like him as a brother, Yoichi-san! Brother! " (Y/N) sputtered as her face had a slight blush.

" Besides, my heart only belongs to one person. And only that person. " she smiled as she had a faraway look in her eyes as she spoke.

Yoichi smiled slightly, knowing that his crush isn't that deep and that she already love someone else or else he will be heartbroken knowing that she has someone else without knowing and thought he could make a move.

" I hope to be as brave as Yuu-chan one day. " Yoichi sighed out.

" Huh? That stupid idiot? Yoichi, you're better off not being like him. Besides, both of you are different and are special in a unique way and you just don't know what it is yet. So, stop comparing yourself to others. Now, let's get to class. " (Y/N) then pulled Yoichi along to class.
*
Sayuri had just handed out the test papers and Yuu's eyebrow was twitching when he saw his marks. He could hear (Y/N) squealing and cheering so he guessed that she got a high mark.

" Wh-What did you get, (Y/N)? " Yuu asked nervously while (Y/N)'s eyes practically sparkles as she held out her test paper showing a perfect one hundred mark on her test paper.

" Full marks! " she said excitedly.

Then, Yuu felt his test paper ripped out of his grasp and quickly turned around to see none other than Shinoa who had his paper.