Chapter 14 - Humans Are Such Greedy Creatures

Previously

" Oh, we meet again. This time, though, " Shihou and Yoichi turned to look at Crowley, Horn and Chess who unsheathed their swords.

" I won't let you go. "

Present

Ferid punched Guren in the stomach and held him by the throat against a wall. Guren struggles against Ferid's hold as Ferid just smirked.

" What do you think you're doing?! Ferid! " (Y/N) shouted as she aimed her sword at Ferid who quickly disappeared and her sword was then stuck to the wall, right beside Guren's neck.

" (Y/N)! BEHIND YOU! "

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as she felt Ferid's hand placed on her shoulder.

" Hm, maybe I can get a little taste- " Ferid's arm with the hand placed on (Y/N)'s shoulder was suddenly cut off.

Mika stood behind Ferid with a dark expression on his face. (Y/N) turned to face Mika with a wide smile on her face. Yuu was at her side immediately.

" Calm down, Mika. It was just a joke. Just a joke. " Ferid said as he grabbed his chopped off arm.

" Mika? You're Mika right? Oi, Mika? Why aren't you answering? " Yuu asked with a frown.

" Come with me. Run away with me and escape. Escape from those greedy creatures, Yuu-chan! (Y/N)-chan! " Mika said.

" Greedy creatures? Humans? What are you talking about? They're not greedy- " Mika cut off (Y/N).

" They are! They're using you! Including your friends! They're using you! "

In an instant, Mika grabbed both Yuu and (Y/N) and jumped atop of several rubble. One rubble after another, away from the battlefield.

" Mika? You're not making any sense! " Yuu said as he struggled to get out of Mika's grasp.

" Stop struggling Yuu-chan. It's best if we get away from those greedy humans. They're just using you guys! " Mika insisted as he continued moving.

Yuu then kicked Mika and all three of them fell on top of a rubble that looked more like a platform.

" Mika...is it our fault? Because we ran away...you got turned into a vampire? " Yuu asked as his eyes trembled.

" No! It's not either of your fault! But we have to get away from those filthy humans! "

" Mika. You're not making any sense. Did Ferid corrupted you while you were stuck there? " (Y/N) asked worriedly as she hugged Mika.

" No. I'm not weak. I didn't get corrupted. " Mika mumbled those three phrases as he stared down at his feet.

" Of course you're not weak, Mika. Come on. Mika. Look at me. " (Y/N) forced Mika's head up and his eyes met hers.

" You're not weak, got it? It's a miracle for you to be alive after all this time. I'm glad. " (Y/N) then hugged Mika tight.

Mika snuggled into (Y/N)'s embrace.

" Mika. What are you talking about? The humans using us? Guren would never do that! " Yuu objected.

" No. I'm not wrong. They're just using you! Both of you. " Mika got out of (Y/N)'s embrace and grabbed his head with his hands.

" SHINOA! " Yoichi's voice shouting out Shinoa's name caused Yuu and (Y/N) to look at the battlefield.

They saw Shinoa held down by Crowley. She struggled and made eye contact with Yuu and (Y/N).