Chapter 12 - Flashbacks

Previously

(Y/N) took a breather as she was at the entrance of Shinjuku then continued running as she heard an explosion and metal clashing against each other.

Although, the sight before her made her gasp.

" M-Mika?... "

Present

~Earlier with Yuu~

" We usually take one pill only. Even with two pills, our body can have severe damage and go into shock. With three pills, you would die. After taking this pill, the effects will last only for fifteen minutes. " Shinoa said as she handed Yoichi, Shihou and Yuu one packet of pills.

" Why didn't you give us these pills when we were facing that noble? If we did, we could have- "

" -died. These pills take ten seconds to kick in and in those ten seconds...that noble could have killed us all. "

Just then, an explosion sounded beside the team's truck which caused the truck to turn to the other side.

" Wh-What? "

The team exited the truck only to see more chaos. Truck overturned and a helicopter of the vampires in the air shooting soldiers.

The team immediately hid behind rubble to avoid getting shot. Yuu's eyes widened when he saw a corporal unconscious stuck inside a truck.

" Corporal! " Yuu shouted as he rushed towards the man and attempted to pull him out.

" Yuu! " Shinoa shouted as she ran after Yuu.

" Shinoa! " Mitsuba yelled as she tried pulling back Shinoa but had to quickly deflect bullets heading her direction.

" Oi, lets go! " Mitsuba yelled as she, Shihou and Yoichi ran towards the vampires who were attacking the other soldiers.

" Yoichi! " Shihou yelled and Yoichi nodded as he shot an arrow to the helicopter as Shihou and Mitsuba deflected the bullets.

The helicopter spun and released a missile before it exploded. The missile landed just behind Yuu and Shinoa who were walking while carrying the unconscious corporal when the ground beneath them shook and crumbled underneath their feet.

Shinoa screamed as they fell.
*
" Oi, Shinoa. Shinoa. Wake up. " Yuu lightly slapped Shinoa's cheek who stirred slightly before her eyes opened.

" Yuu? " Shinoa asked, slightly dazed.

There was a whole pile of rubble blocking their path and their only path left was behind them.

" It seems like we are in a subway. " Shinoa observed.

" Nowhere to be found, but right now, we need to do something about the corporal. " Yuu stated.

" There should be a temporary base above ground. We can go there and he could be treated. "

" Oi, baka-Yuu! Are you there?! " Shihou's voice shouted from the other side of the rubble.