Chapter 17 - Greed Was The Start Of It All

A/N : The time line is the same as the previous chapter.

" Artemis, do explain the reason behind your actions. " Zeus demanded as Artemis was on her knees in front of the three powerful Gods while the others were at the sidelines, watching.

" That demon was the spawn of two powerful demons. One who can overthrow all of us! YOU WANT TO BE DEFEATED BY THAT FILTH?! "

The other gods and goddesses murmured amongst themselves about Artemis's outburst.

" SILENCE. " Zeus commanded.

" So what of it? So what if that child is the spawn of the powerful demons? That doesn't mean that the child will attack us, does it? " Poseidon questioned.

" Do you want us to be defeated? I would not! If we had killed that child earlier, we would not have to worry about being overthrown- " Artemis was cut off by Hades slapping her harshly across the cheek.

" Nonsense. You would taint your title of being a heroic saviour for mankind for power? A goddess should never have such foul thoughts. " Hades reprimanded.

" Y-You...will allow that good for nothing scum live?! " Artemis shouted in disbelief.

Zeus sighed and stood up from his throne.

" I've come to a decision. Artemis, for attempted murder of a child, you'll be banished from Heaven. You shall not step one foot on this territory until you've reflected that what you've done was wrong. Your title will be temporarily be taken down for now. As of now, guards! Please...throw her out of Heaven. " Zeus said firmly and authority was laced in his voice.

" No...NO NO NO NO NO!!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! " the guards dragged along a thrashing Artemis who screamed out profanities directed at Zeus who faced his back towards her.

~4 years later~

" Mama, papa! How's my baby brother doing? " a cheerful young girl ran up to Lucifer and Lilith with excitement.

" Well, aren't you excited, (Y/N)? " Lilith chuckled at her daughter who hugged the baby bump with affection.

" Well, your brother seems to be doing well since he likes kicking mommy too much. " Lucifer said sternly towards the baby bump with a small playful glare.

" Papa! You shouldn't glare at Leon like that! " (Y/N) pouted angrily.

" That's right Lucifer, you shouldn't glare at Leon- " Lilith cut herself off as she realised something.

" Leon? Is that what you want to call your brother? " Lilith asked the young girl who nodded her head happily.

" Why Leon? " Lucifer crouched down to (Y/N)'s height.

" Because all of our names start with the letter 'L'. Although you refer to me by a different name though. Why? " (Y/N) looked up to her father for answers.

" Let's See. We named you Laura, right? But we call you (Y/N). Laura is the name you take on when you are part of the royal court. It's your professional name. (Y/N) is your commoner name where everyone can address you as such like how our people call you, " (Y/N)-hime ". But princesses and princes from other kingdoms must call you Laura. " Lilith explained.

" I see! Then, what will we call Leon then? " (Y/N) asked as Lucifer chuckled.

" We worry about that later sweetheart. For now, let's wait for him to be born. " Lucifer patted (Y/N)'s head as she pouted.