Chapter 31 - Revelations

~With Shinya~

" Major General Shinya, " Mito called out as she held something in her hand and passed it to Shinya, " the directive from the flight control room. "

He opened it up and read.

" What does the directive say? " Goshi asked after a few moments.

Shinya closed his eyes and sighed, " It says to stand by. "

" What?! " Narumi exclaimed.

" You! Why are you alive?! " a shout was heard and everyone turned to see Rika slap Shinoa.

" Hey! " Shihou shouted but Shinoa raised a hand.

" Yayoi, Kagiyama, everyone's dead because of you! So, why are you still alive and kicking?! Because of you, because of you... " Rika teared up as she grabbed Shinoa's collar.

" I'm sorry. " Shinoa said with a poker face.

" If you're going to apologise, do it with your life! " Rika yelled as she pointed her sword at Shinoa.

" If you're going to apologise so easily...give me back...my friends... " tears rolled down her cheeks.

A hand was placed over Rika's on the hilt of her sword.

" Calm down a little. I'll take it from here. " Narumi said as he and Shusaku helped her up.

" But Makoto— "

" I'm not saying I'm going to forgive them. I'm saying 'I'll take it from here' " Narumi grabbed his spear.

" No, that isn't your job. " Shinya interrupted.

" Then will you punish them for siding with a vampire on the battlefield? " Narumi asked.

" It isn't your job to decide if they get punished eith— " Shinya was cut off by Narumi.

" Then what will you do for us?! " he shouted, " We followed your orders and came this far. We lost our comrades and our commander but moved forward without looking back. And look where it got us. Moreover, we were ordered by our superiors to stand by. Are they telling us to die?! "

" Escape with the chopper and lure the vampires to the trap zone, Shinjuku. That was supposed to be our mission. However, it wasn't Guren who came up with it. " Shinya explained as he turned behind.

" Then who did? "

" Lieutenant General Hiragi Kureto. " Shinya answered as he turned to look at them over his shoulder.

" I'm sick of it. I'm sick and tired of the Hiragi family abusing their power and just giving out orders. We're abandoning the mission! " Narumi yelled angrily.

" Shut up, Narumi. You're he one who said to listen to your— " Shinya was shoved back by Narumi roughly.

" No, you shut up! We, the Demon Company, will head back to rescue Lieutenant Colonel Ichinose. " Narumi said as he turned to walk back.

" Let's go, Sayuri. If this isn't Lieutenant Colonel Guren's mission, we don't have to follow it. " Shigure said as she began to follow Narumi.

" Goshi-san, Mito-san, Shinya-san, sayonara. " Sayuri said as she followed Shigure.

" Shigure, Sayuri, wait! " Mito cried out.

" Shinoa, what should we do? " Mitsuba asked but received no answer.

" Wait, Narumi! " Shinya called out.