Chapter 5 - I Promise You

" Ugh...what happened? " Yuu groaned as he slowly opened his eyes to be met with a white ceiling.

His vision cleared and saw Shinoa and Yoichi looking at him with relieved expressions. He slowly sat up and looked around the infirmary but couldn't find (Y/N).

" I'm so sorry for putting you unconscious! " Yoichi cried out as he hugged Yuu.

" Where's (Y/N)? " Yuu asked.

As soon as he asked that, Shinoa and Yoichi looked at each other with worried expressions.

" W-We can't tell you that- " Yoichi started but was cut off.

" BULLSHIT! WHERE IS SHE?! " Yuu roared as he sprinted out of the infirmary.

Shinoa and Yoichi ran after him, worried about him doing something reckless.

Meanwhile with (Y/N)...

(Y/N) was at the rooftop with Guren. She gazed sadly over the city as Guren looked sadly and worriedly at (Y/N).

Just now, (Y/N) felt a very very hungry thirst for blood and she nearly attacked one of the humans. Luckily, Guren noticed her behaviour and led her to the rooftop where she tried sucking the blood of animal meat which she has been doing ever since she was taken in. Unfortunately, it's no longer working for her and she needs to drink human blood or else she'll go crazy.

" (Y/N)... " Guren trailed off when he saw (Y/N) having tears streaming down her cheeks as she cried silently.

Then, the door to the rooftop flew open and there stood Yuu, panting from exhaustion.

" (Y/N)! " Yuu cried out happily as he ran forward to her.

She quickly ran away from Yuu, not wanting to hurt him.

" S-Stay away from me, Yuu! Please! " (Y/N) begged as years continued to roll down her cheeks.

" Is something wrong? " Yuu asked, concerned.

" What the hell happened Guren? Tell me! " Yuu demanded as Guren sighed.

" (Y/N) has been quenching her thirst with animal blood since four years ago but when she drank animal blood just now, it was futile and did not quench her thirst. It seems the effect of drinking animal blood has worn off and she needs human blood desperately. Or else...she can attack an innocent human. Not only that, as she has grown older, her thirst has increased drastically so even if we give her one bag of donated blood from the hospital, it's not gonna be enough to even last her a whole week before she goes insane. " Guren explained.

Yuu looked at (Y/N) who covered her face with both of her hands while sobbing. He then pulled her into a hug.

" Y-Yuu? "

" It's fine. You can drink my blood. "

" B-But...I don't want to be a vampire! And if I drink your blood...that means I'll be a full fledge vampire, Yuu! And you'll hate me too! " (Y/N) cried as she gripped Yuu's shirt.

Yuu placed his hands on her shoulders and looked straight into her eyes.

" I promised Mika I'll protect you for him...and I won't back down from that promise. I never back down from any promises I make. So, I'll promise you this, I promise to always be your friend regardless of whatever species you come from, whether a vampire or human, I'll always be your friend. " Yuu said seriously.

(Y/N) cried harder as she nodded and continued to cry until she slowly pulled down the side of Yuu's shirt, exposing his neck.

" Gomenasai... " she whispered before sinking her fangs into his flesh.

All this while, Guren, Shinoa and Yoichi was watching the whole thing play out in front of them. They soon left quietly, not wanting to disrupt them.
————————————————————————
Hey guys! Sorry for the wait as I was busy with school and other stuff. I don't have anything much to say except that I'm sorry for a short chapter. I couldn't think a lot of stuff for this chapter so I just have to publish this. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sayonara, minna!

*EDITED*