• 3 •

Anne's POV
I'm not saying his house was like extravagant or anything. But it was way nicer than what I was used to. I felt kinda out of place in my hand me down shoes and bright yellow overalls.

We entered the house and Jackson asked me if I wanted anything to drink. I of course said no, I didn't want to seem needy.

He grabbed my hand and led me up to his room. I honestly don't even know what the projects about.

"We should work on our layout"
"But what is this project about?"
"Science stuff I guess " he shrugged.

Lol this is gonna be trash. But I'm ok with that because I get to be with him.

We worked on the project for a good hour before we decided to take a break.
I sat on his bed while Jackson sat in the spinny chair across from me. He just stared at me. Neither of us said anything. It was a comfortable silence though... Until he broke it and made me uncomfortable.

"What happened at lunch earlier?" he questioned.
I tensed.
"U-um , I-i just um I was em-embarrassed." I nervously stuttered. I rubbed my moist hands on my shorts.
"Why were you embarrassed?" He had a smug grin on his face.

He rolled to the edge of the bed. I could feel his body heat radiating off him in waves.

He put his hand under my chin and slowly caressed my skin.
"Do I intimidate you? Make you nervous? Huh, Ladybug?"
Dear lord save me.
My voice was gone. It was like he sucked the breath out my lungs.
"It makes me think you like me." That stupid smile.
"Almost as much as I like you."
WAIT WHAT?!
I stared at him with wide eyes. What kind of cruel prank is this?
I stared at him with my mouth wide open. I looked like a fish.
"You're joking"I said in a small voice. My breaths uneven.
"Why would I be?"
I searched his eyes and I saw no deceit.
But I still couldn't believe it.
"So Ladybug, what do you say I take you out. "
Out?Like a date?
"Out? Like a date?"
"No, outside. Yes! Out on a date. The movies maybe?"
"I-I-"
"I'll take that as a yes!"
"Ok"
I'm going on a date....with Jackson Write. I have to be dreaming.

Jackson's POV

I got bold and asked her out. I guess I wasn't going to take things as slow as I planned.

We didn't really work on the project much. We just talked, well I did most of the talking.
We talked about how my mom died when I was young, leaving my dad to raise me. He was a good father and I owe him my life for all the hell I put him through.
Ladybug told me about how boring it was at home. Her parents kind of neglect her. Not physically,but more mentally. They ignore her presence completely, which makes her feel really lonely. But it's okay because soon I'll be the one to take care of her. I'm hoping we'll get closer on the date and she'll stop being so shy around me

A/n: lol I had no clue how to end this , but is coo. The next chapter gets more into their lives before the date. Lol stay tuned.