Chapter Five

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Five

After Leo had buried the body of Bianca di Angelo, he decided to begin a more thorough search of the junkyard.

He had previously been hit with an epiphany as he realized that Aphrodite must have meant that when he found the flowers, he would find what he needed. If only he could find flowers in the junkyard! It was filled with all kinds of junk, and Leo had a hard time maneuvering around everything.

All Leo wanted to do was get back to Ogygia and Calypso. Why did the stupid Oracle (no offense Rachel or Apollo) have to give him a quest about it too? He never got a break, but at least it was better than Percy’s life as a demigod. He got it worse than everyone, except maybe Annabeth. She started her crazy demigod life at seven years old.

Leo was beginning to give up his search when something caught his eye. He saw a glimpse of green, white, and yellow. Leo cautiously crept toward it and discovered a wilting daisy. He stroked it with his fingers, and looked in front of the daisy to discover a second one.

Leo looked further on and found a whole path of daisies, leading him to what he presumed to be “the key to the quest,” according to the prophecy.

Leo walked along the path, but he was careful not to step on the daisies. You never knew what kind of things were special to gods and dangerous monsters in disguise.

Leo walked until he found a jumble of wire in a heap on the ground. He knelt down beside it and began digging through it.

“Ow!” Leo exclaimed as sucked on his thumb. He had pricked it on something sharp. He peered at the wire closer, and found some sort of remote that look like a bomb, and a wire sticking out of it that he had pricked his thumb on. He grabbed the remote and was about to inspect it closer, when he saw something else in the pile of wire.

Leo dug even deeper until he found a key. The key was silver and engraved with words in a language Leo couldn’t read, and Leo wondered how it stayed in the shape it was. It should’ve been rusty. Then Leo remembered how Percy had been at the junkyard before and in the prophecy it spoke of, it was mentioned to be “the land without rain.’

Leo decided not to spend any more time trying to decipher the mystery of the key, prophecies gave him enough headaches already.

Leo tucked the key into his tool-belt, he had a gut feeling that he would need it, and being a demigod, he had learned to trust his gut.

Leo reached out and grabbed the remote he had found before. He had another gut feeling, and suddenly his hands began to move. He let his hands clean the remote with a cloth he found, and after throwing the cloth away from him (from yet another gut feeling), Leo let himself repair the remote. As soon as the wire was connected and turned on, there was a loud, ZAP! and suddenly, Leo wasn’t at the junkyard anymore.

He was back at Mt. St. Helens.

Written by Volleyballstar11 (We're working on writing longer chapters.)