Chapter Seventeen

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Seventeen

Leo could see the worry and fear in Calypso’s eyes, which quickly turned to anger.

“Calypso?” he croaked. “What is it? What’s wrong?” Calypso’s body shook, her fists curled into balls, and her teeth seemed to be trying to grind themselves to dust.

“Calypso?” Leo tried again. Her head snapped towards him, which startled Leo. Her face softened and she smiled, stroking his cheek.

“It’s nothing, Leo, everything is fine,” she lied straight through her teeth.

“No, that’s not true,” Leo said straining to sit up, his strength wavering with every second. “I—I know something is . . . is wrong,” Leo stammered as Calypso gently pushed him back down.

“Shh, Leo. It’ll be alright. Just go back to sleep. I’ll wake you in a little bit,” she cooed. Leo shook his head.

“I’m afraid I might never wake up,” he whispered, his eyes drooping, shining tears pooling at the corners of her eyes. Calypso bit her lip, trying to hold back her own tears.

“Leo, I think . . . I think Zylon is still alive,” she told him, her voice shaking, scared of what she was about to say Leo’s reaction to it. His head snapped up.

“But . . . but I shoved him off a cliff. He should be dead,” he said. Calypso cringed. “No one can survive that!”

“No one else could be here, on the island,” she said.

“What’s wrong, you still haven’t told me what’s wrong,” he said, laying his hand on hers. She clasped her hand over his, staring down at it.

“The vial . . . it isn’t here. I turned away from it for just one second. Zylon must have taken it. The gods gave you the Moly Plant, they wouldn’t take away the cure. The only other option is—”

“Zylon,” Leo growled. Anger bubbled through his veins. He was so close to be alive and able to be with Calypso forever, and Zylon took that away, again.

He used all the energy he had in him to push himself half way up onto his feet.

“Leo!” Calypso exclaimed, trying to push him back down.

“I’m going to kill him! This time for sure! I going to murder him and take that vial. And not even you are going stop me,” Leo warned, not even looking at her. Calypso was quiet for a second, before throwing Leo’s arm over her shoulders, and putting her arm around his waist. He scowled.

“You’re not going anywhere . . . not without me,” Calypso said stubbornly, grunting under Leo’s weight. A painful smirk spread across Leo’s face. Leo and Calypso hobbled out of the cave, Leo stumbling, but Calypso determined to keep him on his feet.

“We’ll make it,” she whispered to him every now and again. He would just nod and limp on, wincing in utter pain. “You’re okay.”

They had gotten only about one-hundred yards from the cave when Leo collapsed. Calypso gasped, but knew immediately why he had. Putrid pus oozed from the wound in his shoulder. His legs, arms, neck, and face were swelling like crazy. She put her hand on his face. It was sweaty.