Chapter Eleven

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Eleven

“Holy Hera, Zylon!” Leo shouted, but on the inside, he was thinking, I really should’ve built a new cot. . . .

“You shouldn’t have woken up,” Zylon said calmly, stepping around the cot to get a better angle to try and kill Leo.

Leo scrambled up off the ground and lit his hand on fire to show Zylon that he wasn’t afraid to fight. “Are you sure you want to fight one of the Seven?” Leo asked smugly.

“The Seven?” Zylon asked in a confused voice. “What’s that?”

“You don’t even know about the Seven?” said an astonished Leo. He added to Calypso who came walking out of her cave upon hearing Leo’s shouts, “Can you get any more pathetic?”

Zylon swung his sword towards Leo, but ended up losing his grip on it, making it fly behind Leo and Calypso who was now at his side. “I take it back,” Leo grimaced. “He’s even more pathetic than I thought.”

All of a sudden, Leo had the instinct to duck, so he did, and just barely missed getting his head cut off by Zylon’s flying sword. Zylon had one knee on the ground when he ducked, so when he regained his balance, Zylon was facing him with his sword in hand again.

“Calypso,” Leo warned, “stay back.”

Calypso tried to protest, but as she did, ropes got wrapped around her and tied her to a tree.

“Sweetheart, it’s so that you stay safe in case this doofus comes toward you with a weapon,” Zylon explained with mock care in his voice. “And now, I’ll just move us away from you, to be even more careful.”

Leo blinked once, and when he opened his eyes again, they were on the opposite side of the island, where Calypso never wandered.

“You may have a lot of demigod strength, but do you have a lot of combat strength?” Leo asked, hiding his nervousness behind cockiness.

Zylon smirked and said, “I’m sure it’s so much better than yours!”

“We’ll see about that,” Leo said.

With that, Leo charged.

Under the element of surprise, Leo gave the first wound easily. Zylon wasn’t expecting Leo to attack first, which gave Leo an advantage. As he charged, he pulled out his favorite combat hammer from his tool belt and smacked Zylon in the ribs with it. Immediately, he heard a sickening crack and a whoosh as the air was knocked out of Zylon’s lungs.

Leo danced away, out of Zylon’s reach. “Ha!”

Before Leo could tell himself to stop being cocky, Zylon darted forward and his sword skimmed Leo’s scalp. Leo watched some of his hair fall off the top of his head, and float to the ground.

“No one cuts my hair unless I tell them to!” Leo shouted. He ran forward again and lit Zylon’s hair on fire, as payback. Leo wasn’t sure what method he used, but a few seconds later the wind picked up and Zylon’s hair got extinguished.

Zylon charged again and Leo deflected his swing with the somewhat long handle of his hammer. Leo used the force of the swing to push Zylon back and he swung at him again.

Faintly, Leo heard Calypso shouting, “Leo!” somewhere on the complete other side of Ogygia. “LEO!”

Leo would have replied, if not for the sword that came swinging towards his face. He ducked and rolled, coming up on one knee on the right of Zylon and—without hesitation—shot a fireball towards Zylon. Fast-acting, Zylon copied Leo’s earlier movements and dropped to the ground and rolled out of the way.

As they fought, Leo thought about who Zylon’s godly parentage could be. It was obvious that Zylon was a son of Hecate, but his fighting style was . . . different. Leo presumed he was actually the son of Trivia, the Roman equivalent of Hecate. As they fought even more, Leo grew even more confident in that presumption.

“Aghh!” Leo cried out in pain when he was suddenly stabbed in the shoulder. Somehow, Zylon got in a lucky shot, which should have been impossible, because Zylon sucked at swordfighting. He should have been better, considering that Leo wasn’t even fighting with a sword.

Leo looked behind him for a split second and was surprised to find that he was backed up to a cliff. He clutched his shoulder wound and shot another fireball at Zylon, who was unsuspecting. It hit Zylon in the face, who stumbled, therefore giving Leo a chance to dart away from the cliff edge.

Leo jumped to the side, as Zylon leapt at him, but he swerved as he moved forward, suffering from a wrong step. Leo caught a glimpse of Calypso running towards them before he kicked the staggering Zylon off the cliff.

“Sayonara sucker,” Leo said, even though Zylon wasn’t even in his view any more.

“Leo!” Calypso shouted, and Leo heard her quick footsteps rushing towards him.

Leo turned to her and said quietly, “I’m gonna pass out now.”

And the ground rushed forward to meet him.

Written by Volleyballstar11 and AgelessQuest

Edited by Volleyballstar11