Chapter Fourteen

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Fourteen

“So, it’s a page of gibberish,” Leo sighed, “Looks like I’m going to die after all.”  Calypso only beamed even wider. She slapped Leo’s good shoulder over and over.

“Gods, woman! Do you want me to have no shoulders at all?” Leo groaned. She glared at him.

“It’s not gibberish!” Calypso exclaimed in joy.

“Well? What is it?” he asked. She shoved the paper in his face.

“It’s a language, Leo! And I know this language. The titan’s used it when they were in power, so that rebel spies couldn’t understand them when they were conversing.”

“I know it’s a language,” Leo protested weakly. Calypso just shook her head. “Just read it already!” Leo said defensively.

“I’m a little rusty with this, but let me see.” Calypso titled the page back and forth to get a better view of what it said. “We . . . uh . . . we need an almond nut, a hellebores flower petal, an Anemônê leaf, an Asphodelus flower head, a stem of the Krokos plant, a Narthêx flower, an Amarantos leaf, and a . . . ” Calypso groaned and angrily slammed the page onto the ground.

“What? What is it?” Leo asked, picking up the paper.

“This plant, the Môlu-”

“Moly Plant,” Leo said. Calypso glared at him.

“The Môlu, or Moly Plant, is very rare. It might not even grow here, on Ogygia,”

Calypso told him. Leo frowned. He gave the paper back to Calypso who took it with a sigh.

“So, I’m still going—”

“Shut up, Leo! I don’t need your negativity right now! I need to think,” Calypso said standing up.

“I could still look for it. Maybe it is here. If not, I could possibly replace it for something . . .” Calypso thought out loud to herself, walking out of the cave. Leo sat there, confused.

Calypso walked around Ogygia, looking solely for the Moly Plant, ignoring all the other plants she walked by. She was confident with her knowledge that all of the other ingredients were on the island, so the only plant she cared about then, was the Moly Plant.

“Please, Hermes, Hephaestus, Demeter. Please let it grow here,” she pleaded as she crawled around her many gardens on her hands and knees.

She had been crawling around for hours. Her dress, hands, face, and hair were absolutely filthy. She sat down with a huff, the dust and dirt around her, floating up and billowing around her. She put her hand on her forehead and stared at the Titan language. There was another paragraph on the paper she didn’t bother telling Leo about, because it was only instructions for how to combine the ingredients to make the cure. Besides, it was simple, and Calypso had enough free time in her life to mix ingredients to create something, the process was almost memorized.

“Why? Why this flower? Why the only one I don’t have on this island?” She asked the sky angrily. She threw the cure onto the ground. A gentle breeze picked it up and blew it into a tree. It was a small tree, with small, miniscule nuts on it.

“Almond nuts,” she whispered. Attempting to control her breathing (and her anger), she walked over to the tree. She picked up one of the many baskets she always had laying around. She took the cure out of the tree and placed it at the bottom of her basket. She picked a clump of almonds and rolled the small nuts around in her hand.

Such a small thing, how, when combined with other things, could save Leo’s life? Calypso remembered something one of the heroes once said when he landed on her island.

All little things, can make big differences. He said that just before leaving her. It seemed directed to this exact situation. Leo’s life was a big thing, and she was a small part of it. She clasped her hand around the almonds, and restarted her trek around her island.

Written by Volleyballstar11, Twrex10, and AgelessQuest

Edited by Volleyballstar11