Chapter Ten

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Ten

Leo really didn’t like Zylon. And he knew Zylon returned his feelings. They glared at each other every time they passed. It was like some sort of silent battle. Leo knew it was over Calypso, and he knew he had to win. He just couldn’t imagine Calypso being stuck with that creep. Just the thought made him shiver.

Leo made his way back to the cave, after a long exhausting glaring match with  Zylon. Luckily for Leo, Calypso was sitting in the cave, alone. She was just sitting there like a rock, staring at the cold, hard ground. Leo snuck up behind her and hugged her around the waist. She let out a gasp and jumped slightly.

“Leo!” She complained, turning around and slapping his shoulder. He grinned at her.

“What’s wrong? You don’t like it when I sneak up on you?” He pouted. She laughed and shook her head.

“I thought you were Zylon!” She whined, putting her arms around Leo’s neck.

Leo couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. Well, he could believe it because he was staring right at her, but he just didn’t know such beauty was possible.

“I’m glad you’re glad I’m not,” he said. She furrowed her eyebrows.

“You are confusing, Leo. Really confusing,” she admitted. Leo wiggled his eyebrows.

“Thank you, m’lady, for that extraordinary comment,” Leo mocked.

“Just shut up,” Calypso mumbled before kissing him. Once they pulled away, Leo nodded slowly.

“I think I can manage to shut up every now and then,” he said through quick breaths. Calypso smiled for a split second. She whined.

"What? What is it? It my hair messed up?” he asked frantically and turned to see what she was looking at, letting out a whine of his own.

“What do you think you are doing?” None other than Zylon, The-Extremely-Annoying-Dude-Who-Thinks-Everything-He-Sees-Is-His, was standing at the mouth of the cave. Leo looked back at Calypso. Her eyes were so narrow, she might have been closing her eyes. If looks could kill, Zylon would be long dead. Before Leo or Calypso could say anything, Zylon was all up in Leo’s face.

“What did I tell you, Leo? Calypso is mine and mine alone! Aren’t you sweetheart?” Zylon grinned at Calypso, whose mouth fell to the floor.

“I am certainly not yours! I think I have the right to be nobody’s,” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Did he make you say that babe? Did he threaten you? Did he charm you in anyway? Did he hurt you babe?” Zylon asked, rushing over to Calypso. She put her hand out to stop Zylon to moving any closer to her.

“Don’t call me babe,” She warned. Leo finally found some words to say.

“Yo, Zylon! Why don’t you run away? Calypso doesn’t want you around here! She’s on Team Leo,” he said, smiling at Zylon victoriously.

Team Leo? Calypso mouthed.

Leo shrugged and mouthed back, I’ll explain later.

“That’s right! I’m on . . . Team Leo?” Calypso added, trying to play along with the whole ‘Team Leo’ thing.

“Sweetheart! Don’t say that! Of course you’re not on lousy ‘Team Leo’! Babe, you’re on Team Zylon!” He puffed out his chest and flexed his muscles. Leo could hear Calypso gag. He resisted a smile.

“Don’t call me babe,” Calypso said again through her teeth. When Leo looked at her, he could see her jaw clenched, her eyes glaring daggers at the now showing off Zylon, and her fists curled tightly.

Wow, Leo thought, she’s hot when she’s angry.

“Besides,” Calypso added, walking over to Leo, who put his arm around her shoulder, “Leo is less annoying.”

“See,” Leo said before realizing what she said. “Less annoying? What do you mean less?”

“It means you are annoying, but so much less annoying than Zylon,” Calypso responded with a smile.

“Fine then,” Zylon said, “So the competition begins.” With that, he strode away.

“Competition? What competition?” Calypso whispered to Leo, who shrugged.

No idea at all, thought Leo.

“Well, that doesn’t matter now,” Calypso said, turning to face Leo and putting her arms around his neck. “I believe you owe me an explanation about ‘Team Leo?’”

“Is that so?” Leo smirked and pecked her lips once. “I guess I better start talking.”

For the next few days, it was hard for Leo and Calypso to get some free time together. Zylon was always standing next to Calypso, and when he wasn’t, he was interrupting whatever Leo and her were doing.

Even though Leo knew Calypso didn’t like Zylon, he couldn’t shake the strange feeling he always had in his chest whenever he saw them together. Sometimes, Leo would be taking his daily walk around the island to clear his head, and he’d see Zylon trying to talk to Calypso. Leo would stop every now and again, just to make sure Calypso wasn’t talking back.

So, this is competition? Leo thought one day. Well then, bring it on, Zylon.

After that, Leo made absolutely sure that Zylon wasn’t near Calypso every second. He made sure that Calypso was almost always next to him at all times.

“Leo, what’s happening?” Calypso asked him one day. Leo looked at her.

“Zylon is trying to spend time with you so that you will ‘fall in love' with him,” Leo explained. Calypso rolled her eyes.

“Like that’s ever going to happen,” she huffed. Leo laughed. They were silent for a few moments. Leo looked behind him. The sun was low and the horizon.

“We should get to bed,” he told her. She nodded. The pair of them stood up. Calypso hugged Leo.

“Don’t worry,” she whispered, “I don’t like Zylon.” Leo nodded and waved before exiting the caveand heading out to his cot that was (unfortunately) situated right next to Zylons. And once again, unfortunately, they were some type of magical cots and Leo couldn’t move his at all, yet he did not feel up to building a new cot, even if it would be easy for a son of Hephaestus.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leo sat up in shock, and lifted his hand to caress his head. Embarrassingly, he had fallen out of bed. However, when he looked up, he thanked all the gods for his fall. Because standing above him as if ready to seriously wound someone with his poised sword, was Zylon.

Written by Volleyballstar11 and AgelessQuest

Edited by Volleyballstar11