Chapter Twenty

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Twenty

“So, Calypso? How’s life in Camp Half-blood going?” Leo asked Calypso. The two of them walked around the woods one night, admiring the full moon looming above them.

It was two months after they got back. Leo had gotten back into his usual routine in Cabin 9, while Calypso was given a room at the Big House. During the day, if she and Leo weren’t hanging out together, Leo would be training, and Calypso might be found helping the children of Demeter with the strawberries, or even training herself.

Sometimes Leo would watch her as she helped the children of Demeter, and he would smile to himself when she tried to explain to them how to grow moonlace (she had taken a few sprigs with her from Ogygia when she packed her bags).

Leo and Calypso would often hang out in the woods, it was a place they could be together without many interruptions, and they liked the feel of standing under the trees. Plus, when Leo showed Calypso his workshop, Bunker Nine, she was almost as fascinated as him, but he suspected she was putting up the act for Leo’s own pleasure. Not that he minded.

“Life is, pretty good here,” Calypso replied, nodding her head. “There’s so many more people, the food is good, and the spirit everyone gives out is so light and warm. Although, I do miss my invisible servants a little bit.”

Leo smiled and said, “I’m sure they’re fine.”

Calypso shook her head and smiled. “I’m sure they are. . . .”

“Enough of that,” Leo said, plopping down in a clearing near Zeus’ Fist. He pulled Calypso down next to him and wrapped his arms around her as she leaned her head against his shoulder.

They were content to sit there in silence for a while, until Calypso finally said, “Leo? What are we going to do about us being together?”

“What do you mean?” Leo asked fiddling with a strand of her hair.

She turned to him and said, “I mean, I’m immortal, and you’re not, Leo. I won’t be able to live with myself watching you grow old and die while I’ll stay this age forever.”

“We can just make you un-immortal,” Leo suggested.

“That’s not how it works,” she said. “You can’t take someone’s immortality if you were born with it. You can only take it away if it’s been given to you.”

“Then I’ll become immortal,” Leo said, as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

“How?”

“We were granted wishes after the Giant War. I decided to save my wish. I can use it to make myself immortal, if the gods let me. Not to make me a god or anything, just, immortal, to be by your side forever.

“We don’t have to rush, though,” Leo added quickly. “We’re not in any hurry.”

“As long as no one is dying soon,” sighed Calypso, leaning back into Leo’s arms.

“No,” said Leo. “Not this time.”

Leo smiled and laid back on the grass underneath him, gently pulling Calypso down with him until they were looking up at the stars, Calypso's head resting on Leo's outstretched arm.

Leo told Calypso about all of the constellations he knew, which were pretty much the Big Dipper, the Little Dipper, and Orion. He had never really took the time to learn them at his orphanages, or even at Camp Half-Blood.

When Leo was quite finished, Calypso tried to teach him about some of the other constellations. Leo learned about three of the before turning and watching Calypso as she spoke. The way her hair shone in the moonlight looked beautiful to Leo.

He let his thoughts drift as he continued to admire Calypso's beauty, while simultaneously playing with a lock of her hair.

Suddenly, a silly thought came to him. “You know, if Khione had never blasted me to Ogygia, I would've never met you, you would've never got the love you deserve, and we wouldn't be in Camp Half-Blood together.”

“Well, then, I guess we have her to thank,” said Calypso.

“It’s a funny thing, having an enemy to thank for our love,” said Leo.

He sat up a bit higher, filled his lungs with as much oxygen s they could handle, and shouted, “Thanks, Ice Queen!”

Written by Volleyballstar11 and AgelessQuest

Edited by Volleyballstar11 and AgelessQuest